Lacrosse
Posted: 27 May 2008 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

There are a few types of Lacrosse.  Depending on the area both are offered but one usually dominates.  Out in Western canada box lacrosse appears to be more popular than field lacrosse, however with the NLL (National Lacrosse League I think it stands for) box lacrosse is become hugely popular for both boys and girls across the country.

Both my kids play box lacrosse with is played on a hockey rink (with the ice removed) that has a concrete floor, or on an indoor soccer field with the turf or without.  Without the turf is better as there is less cance of injury.

I did watch some American college field lacrosse on Saturday, looked a good game but quite a bit different than the box lacrosse I am used to watching.

Lacrosse is one sport that I wish was offered in my town as I was growing up, it has to be one of the most physically demanding sports I have seen my kids play.

Does any one else follow or watch lacrosse?  Ever played lacrosse in a league?  Got any good lacrosse stories to share?

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 27 May 2008 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

i knew a guy who i played soccer with who also played lacrosse.. but thats about as close to lacrosse as i have gotten.. my sister played field hockey smile guesss thats kinda the same.. ish.. andi saw a lacrosse highlight on sports center this morning.. thats about the extent of my lacrosse subject base wink

Posted: 27 May 2008 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

heh...well, I tried branching out the topics to move away from Hockey...and Lynis had to bring Field hockey into the thread smile

I don;t htink Lacrosse is that widely played across Canada and hte Us, but where it is played, it is hugely popular for players and fans.

Onto a different topic....Lynis has a sister?  smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 27 May 2008 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

Jesus, football season can’t come soon enough.

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 27 May 2008 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

CFL Training camps start this week smile

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2008 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

thats the truth hoax.. atleast more nfl stories are coming thro, couple months till pre-sesson… since hockey will be over this week raspberry

Posted: 28 May 2008 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Hockey is never over.

After the SC final comes the Entry draft and the start of the trading Season.  July 1st is the opening day of Free agency.  Not to mention all the coaches and GMs who will need to be replaced this off season.  It’s gonna be an awesome summer of hockey talk smile

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2008 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

haha i cant keep up with all that.. i just wait till the new season to see who went where.. then barly watch hockey till the playoffs.. cause thats where its at.. to many games.. like baseball and basketball.. makes each game mean that much less imo.. now football.. everygame matters… easy to maintain who is doing what with one game a week..

Posted: 09 July 2008 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Bringing this topic back to Lacrosse.

My daughter’s team won the Cities championship (basically northern Alberta) and were on thier way to provincials.  However, along the way, all the other teams pulled out and left us by ourselves, so I guess they won provincials by default.  Too bad there wasn’t more tournaments as they were a pretty damn good team.

Good thing about my son’s lacrosse is there was no standings....and that’s good cause his team got their asses handed to them a few times.  Although in one game my son got player of the game for only letting in like 13 goals on 60 shots.  His team only managed 5 shots the whole game smile

Ah well, 6 weeks sports rest until the camps start up....I already miss the sports smile

Signature