Favorite Areas
Posted: 08 April 2008 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

On a much smaller scope than the favorite Cities thread, what areas do you like to play in for either Good XP, lots of Goodies, or just an all around good time.

For example, The Catacombs in Candera. Or the Artisean village in Vesla (spelling may be off, but you get the idea)

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 08 April 2008 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

Hmm....a good question. 

For goodies I would say up in Anshelm and Pylus sicne I am too lazy to explore many other places.

For exp I still love the barb caves, the Indel moat, canderan crypt, anshelm, H. Valley, and those new orcs are kinda fun if they stop kicking my butt.

For straight cash I still love me some Candera.  Some many good little things to sell to the store and not to far to run to the smelter and processor.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 09 July 2008 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-11-06

Call me a sentimental old fool, but the old newbie areas of Exedoria will always be special to me.  The sewers and the park were also the scene of most of my newbie parties.

One party in the old Exedoria sewers stands out: back in ‘93 if you could carry a weapon, you could wield it.  I got given a great axe (which were highly sought after by high lvl players) and it filled my entire inventory.  So I joined a party naked apart from the axe.  A couple of people in the party said stuff like “Drop that axe and get armour” while the other guys just laughed and cheered me on.  Into the sewers we go and we start fighting.  At least, the other guys start fighting while I stand aimlessly swinging a great axe.  Cue more laughing and more complaints.  Then, we meet a rat and BAM a one-shot kill from my axe.  No more complaints, just more laughing and cheering.  Other rat people followed.  Poor King Louie had a rough time that day…..

And the park had Ranger Bob’s akita dog.  Now, it seemed that Igor and dogs never got on.  The akita, Wolfgang and Hank (from Indel farm) seemed to take great delight in chewing poor little Igor to pieces.