Champions
Posted: 06 March 2008 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

Not really sure where to put this topic, so im putting it here.. move it if you like Hoax.

Champions, I was thinking, like the Arena Champs get there name in the paper..  something similar to that but they get an Item till someone else is the Champion.  This can work for places like the Arena, or the munchie scourge, but I was also thinking about this Tournment that will never happen.  There could be a over all mud Champion, a Champion for each Class and or Race… Champion for each city, what they would have to do to get it is up to that wiz.  Champions for each class/race/mud (maybe even level 19 champs too.. hell mid bee and newbie champs too) can be challenged at anytime in the arena to a “not to the death” fight. If the Champ declines, they lose the title/item and the Challenger gets it.  If the challenger is feeling crazy and does a To the death thats still ok but the Champ can decline.. or, if you wanna make things interesting you could make it so it has to be to the death.  Anyways, thats my shotgun of brain matter onto the forum.. can you make sense out of it? smile

Posted: 07 March 2008 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2007-11-05

heres the problem with all those champions, we don’t have enough players.  How many active mages do we have? 4? or necros? Godzilla, unforgiven, timmay, hurricane, raul, necron? thats one necro champion per region.

I think the better way to go about it is via some tasks/quests.  Have a bunch of people do these 3 mini quests, some really well thought out ones, the kind with several different outcomes.  The players that complete all three are part of that regions ‘champions pool’ and then later on new quests arise that the players are asked/invited to complete.  Those that can complete them move on up the pool.  Maybe at some point there is an event and the champions are called upon to aid the region.  Those that do get points.  At the end of the champions tasks the one(s) with the most points are appointed the champions of that region.  Each region could be having these events going on, one day candera, the next anshelm. 

In other games its called ‘faction standing’, basically what your doing is building up favor with each region and you can do it pretty evenly until there comes a point where you have to pick a side.  Maybe you’ve got even standing with indel and vesla and one day you get a message from the leaders of both cities saying that they’ve declared war on the other and they’re calling their champions in to join the attack.  So now, you, have to pick which city you want to side with.  Then as the war commences, your conduct in the battles leads to more or less standing.  And once your standing has crossed a certain point, you are declared the champion of that region.  Maybe even with the title of ‘Defender of Vesla’ or some crap like that.

Posted: 07 March 2008 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

I was thinking similar to that for tasks and citys and such.. but class wasnt per city.. 1 per class for the whole mud..