Canadian Football League
Posted: 01 May 2008 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Just wondering if any one watches it.  I’m not sure the coverage in the states.  I would imagine the northern states would have more coverage than the southern ones.

So if any one watches it and feels like discussing it, I’ll try to hold up my end of the conversation.

And if any one wants to flame the CFL spouting how the NFL is better or blah blah blah...create a new thread for it please.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 01 May 2008 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

no one is gonna flame the CFL.. your stament is stating the obvious wink but no i dont follow it nore do i get more then maybe 2 games a year (that i have noticed) but if you wanna tell me who all the nfl prospeces are id pay attention

Posted: 01 May 2008 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

How’s Ricky Williams doin?  smile

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 01 May 2008 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

didn’t he play 3 downs last year in the NFL before he hurt his boob and called it a season?

Ricky tried to play here for a year, even if he wasn’t injured it would have been a crappy season for him.  He is not the type of running back the CFL uses, so I was surprised toronto signed him.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 02 May 2008 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

I acutally like the CFL when I can catch it on TV, rearely thoguh that is.  The bigger field makes for a faster game.  The “skill level” might not be the same but the excitement is still very much there.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 02 May 2008 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

CFL Training camp starts soon.  I hope my team does something else besdies sucking this year.  2 crappy years in a row, but they made some good aquitions over the off season, now to see if they play well together or not.

Heimy, do you recall what teams you were watching?

Also, do you think more Americans would watch the CFL between May- August when the NFL season is not quit into full swing if it was available?

Signature 

Posted: 02 May 2008 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

Not sure the last game I watched but the team I route for is the Toronto Argonauts.  Former Tenenssee quarterback and current Assistant Athletic director (Condredge Holloway) played there and won the Grey Cup and the Most Outstanding Player award.  I had some buddies that used to play up there back in the late 90’s early 2000’s.  Got me hooked watchign for my old guys.  Then it stopped coming on as much as the NFL Europe took off more.  With that now gone I think the CFL will regain some prominence and soemmroe tv revenue actually.  Hell, Arena league football gets viewers here adn CFL ball is much better.  I bet the games are a ot better and the teams are better and deeper this year.  Go Argonauts!

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 02 May 2008 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Heh, not an argos fan at all.  circus used to be, not sure if he still is or not.

CFL is definatly better than Arena Footbal, NFL Europe and the new Italy Football league.  I would like to see it get some support south of the border, as our seasons do not really overlap much.

Signature 

Posted: 02 May 2008 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

I am a football fan on ALL levels.  Whether it be NFL, College, Europe (I miss NFL Europe), or the AFL.  If I get a chance to watch it, I’ll watch it.  Too bad we don’t get any CFL here in Hawaii.  I’d watch it all the time.

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 02 May 2008 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

me too.. but they each have there own levels… AFL is way down there

Posted: 09 July 2008 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Well the CFL is two weeks in and my team was crushed once, and in the next game dominated it for most of the game only to nearly lose and have to put together a miracle run for a TD in the final minute to win it.  Looking forward to this weeks game smile

Signature 

Posted: 22 July 2008 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Well damn, my CFL team blew the game in the last 1:39 of the game.  Pinned tghe other team on the 1 yard line...then let them march down the field on a 6 play 109 yard possesion for the the game winning TD.  GAH!!!!  How fricken frustrating!

As I never had a chance to watch a lot of the game, I can’t complain to much, but from what I was told my team sucked on offence and defence but did pretty good on special teams.  That and the guy we traded who was suppose to bring our defence back to a feared unit, broke his fibula and dislocated his ankle...gone 12 weeks minimum.

Ah well, the next team we play gets thier rushing game back as the league leader in rushing is back from a minor knee injury...GAH!!!!  0-2 on this road trip I fear.

Signature 

Posted: 28 July 2008 04:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Well damn, My football team won this week but in the last two weekswe have had players carried off thefield.  Last week one of the top guys on the d-line got a dislocated ankleand broke the fibula I think, this week out top reciever carried off with two busted vertabre.

But we are 3-2 now and finally got a road win.  I wish more CFL people were on this site smile

Signature