Newbie Weapons
Posted: 11 August 2008 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

I made a newbie weapon wiki… it needs YOUR help.. cause i cant spell.. and im at work and im forgetful.. and know a few more.. just dont remember the names… also.. is it also ok to put the location of the weapons? or very least the city they are found in? or area?

Posted: 11 August 2008 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

as long it isn’t a mini task you can post it I would think.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 11 August 2008 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

everyones idea of mini-task/quests are diffrent.. even some consider the act of killing an NPC is a mini-task even if its just to get the NPC gear it is useing. or having to type open chest.. is quest info altho i couldnt tell you what the quest is called and were it starts.. i sure do know where the chest is tho heh.  its just a touchy subject, id be a hell of alot more slack on things then abbot is a stickler for.. soo with that.. dont wanna cross any lines without premission

Posted: 11 August 2008 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Killing one NPC to get gear isn’t a mini task...it’s the point of MD smile

In my view, a mini task is something where you need to do a few steps. 
Such as:
Kill Lynis
Take heart from corpse of lynis (wow it’s small)
Give heart to heimdall
Hiemdall cries at the loss of friend.
Kick Hiemdall in the Junk while he is distraught
Hiemdall keels over and drop BAMF seal
Take seal and stamp cows in Indel with the “Bad Ass Milk Farmer” seal of approval.

Get free steak for next hour from Old MacDonald.

That is a form of mini task.

I’m not sure all the details for some weapons, such as the slimey stalictite, I think that is just room syntax.  Same with the singing dagger in Indel, although most newbies would not know how to enter that area, which is part of a quest task.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 11 August 2008 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

Tarmon has spoke… LET IT BE KNOWN

I totally agree with you tho.. that is a task.. killing the Dimond Guard for Dimond Dirk.. is not.. but like i said.. some consider it to be.. and if soooo i might be introuble for pointing out the obvous hehe

ya.. stuiped quest, im stuck on it, gave up because i was going in circles.. but to get singing dagger its not a quest, or task.. its somthin you do.. yea you need a syntax to get in the place… but there is also a syntax to get to the cows in indel sooooo i look at it as the same as that

Posted: 11 August 2008 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

You guys have been really great about deciding what is okay for the wiki and what isn’t.  Ultimately, I think we all recognize that putting too much information ruins others’ fun.  I think in the case of genuine Newbie weapons, you want to be helpful without ruining their fun.  For example, with the Ring of New Blood, putting “Exedoria” isn’t terribly helpful; you’ll want to obviously give them more than that.  A guy was captured by some subterranean dwellers; if you can rescue him, you’ll get a reward - the Ring of New Blood.

Posted: 13 August 2008 04:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

Common people, need more input!  I know theres more out there.. once i remember the name ill put the 2h sword.. there has to be some others.  were are all out pro-newbies

Posted: 13 August 2008 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

you could posibly broaden it from newbieweapons to newbie weapons and armour. 

That way I can tell you about the mask in Candera, but as far as newbie weapons go in Candera or in the west at all, I can’t think of any off the top of my head aside from the Wasp Quest rewards.  The only weapon reward would be the daggers , but that is a 1 in 3 reward.  The other two is a magic wand and a shield. 

If you count a magic wand as a weapon, i think there is another one in Vesla.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 13 August 2008 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

see i know nothin about wasps and wands and such.. i thought about making a newbie armour page.. but thats so broad really.. since they arnt limited it could be anything.. if its stuff they can get then it would be pretty limited id think.. i donno.. we will see how the weapons page turns out.. was thinking weapons becuase, unless a newbie wants to completly retrain into a new weapon.. they only have one real weapon they are gonna be skilled with, and it would be nice to know what to use with that skill

‹‹ Class Askills      White Dragon Items ››