New Barb Aristo Skill
Posted: 16 August 2008 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-11-22

If u read the other post u already know.  If not...barbs had ambi as a class power....now they share it with all of md.  Barbs didn’t get any offensive/defensive power to compensate for this.  Post any possible suggestions u can think of for a new aristo skill for barbs to compensate for this.

Posted: 16 August 2008 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-06-15

I don’t know how much the askill actually reduces the 1/3rd chance to hit with offhand (considering the general power of most askills I’d guess it raises it to 1/2), but it really does step into the barb’s domain. Let’s not even get into naturally ambi characters either, cause they still exist.

Most class-specific askills are quite weak...the shorter, but more intense zerk would be a neat addition. This would also help barbs with much bigger kills because some of them drop so much burst damage that zerking is almost asking to die.

Something else to consider is how much reinforce actually increases armor class. If it’s anything like enchant, the skill abruptly stops improving. So with that in mind, new askill for improved reinforce, or just scale the skill a little better with level, if it doesn’t already.

Anon

Posted: 17 August 2008 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-11-08

First I’d point out that fighters got this same treatment with weapon proficiency, on what is supposed to be a much more exclusive class ability, imo.  I don’t know that barbs necessarily have any intrinsic right to exclusivity on ambidexterity.  It always has been an ability everyone can have.  On a side note, barbs also get the most out of the ravenous appetite skill—it’s clearly one made with them in mind.

However, if there’s going to be a new barb askill, I’ve been a fan for a long time of the “using 2 2hd weps as 1hd” idea.

Also, as Anon pointed out, it’s not like all classes now get ambi.  Enough xp to max two-weapon, you’re talking about maybe the top 20 players on the alist?  By the time a cleric on there has maxxed two-weapon, your barb could max natural armor and ravenous apetite, and their “ambi” still isn’t as good as yours.

Posted: 18 August 2008 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

Im gonna leave this one alone for the most part since i dont have the skill and cant fairly commint of it.. but i do know most i talked to that has the skill maxxed, will still get ambi ring for the full effect

‹‹ White Dragon Items      Necro changes ››