2 of 18
Cleric update
Posted: 29 May 2008 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

Do you want the work done right, or do you want it done by Tarmon?

Posted: 29 May 2008 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

Laugh....

Let the Canadian bashing begin....As long as it isn’t directed at me.  Good thign I am not Canadian I would never stop hearing the abuse.  Hey...he is a programming by profession, surely he can do some coding....those three newbies he is coding for are getting way too much attention.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 29 May 2008 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Ouch!

Good thing I was bashed with a 2h-hammer wielded by heimdall...not much real pain there smile

and yes, I could code something up, but anything I now code will have anti-<insert heimdall chars here> code in it.  I beleive a 2h basher that will work great for any one but heimy, it will blow his arms and legs off and then gag him so he can’t shout for help or pray.....yes, i think I will make that...thanks for the idea heimy smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 29 May 2008 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

mutter
I am going over here to pout

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2008 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-11-08

well, I said yes even though I have been one of the vocal supporters of preserving clerics as is (are?).  I like what it looks like here, however I would suggest these minor changes to further diverge the classes.

1. Lean the Paladins more toward passive automatic powers (a la monk aura or even fighter extra attack), and make them less of a spellcaster—even if the spells are mainly self-buffing, just have them be automatic.  This leads into the next one. 

2. Give Paladins less max mana per int and give priests more.  after level 10, bump priests up to mage levels of mana gain, and take paladins back to fighter (or so).  This allows Mages to still have more mana, but brings the focus on the priest as one who asks favors of the gods and the paladin as one who is given favors by the gods.

3. Paladins can sacrifice some of their max mana in a boot for a permanent weapon bless type effect.  Sort of like enchant, but more with specials (like blood or wings) than wc, necessarily.  I like the idea, if you can tell, of making the paladin more of a warrior, and not having to cast spells every few minutes, thus removing my main gripe with Moira cleric.

4. if Priests are going to get spiritual hammer, a maxxed out priest with a spiritual hammer should be the absolute most effective combatant against evil enemies possible.  Followed closely by the Holy Avenger in the hands of a Paladin.  Consider making the spiritual hammer also have some passive positive effects, like healing and wisdom boosts or something.

BTW, I love the idea of how desperate everyone would be for a Priest with resurrect when they die.
*cackle*

Posted: 30 May 2008 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

The mana restrictions might be a little much when u look at the Paladin and see that he/she would have to do a lot of praying through a boot

Would there still e an alchohol restriction?  Please god know…

Signature 

Posted: 30 May 2008 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

greedy clerics raspberry

will there be a chance gods dont grant the prayer? (for whatever reason, busy, annyoed, sleeping, ignoring you(oh how about gods ignore you if you kill someone they like smile) similar to mages failing a spell, and to DI i guess, never used DI so i cant speak much about it..

Posted: 30 May 2008 04:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

One thing I can’t stand about fighters is you have no control over when your wep specials go off.  I would hate to see Paladins go the same way.  Maybe I misunderstood your point, but that is how I see it.

And Heimdall, God does Know....I think you meant, Please God no!

And this ends another session of interpreting heimy ramblings.  Please stay tuned for more smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 30 May 2008 04:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

In answer t lynis, I’ll assume there will be.  I think with every class skill\prayer\spell there is a chance for failure.

Signature 

Posted: 30 May 2008 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

I am sure for some such as Diving Intervention that there would be a chance for it to fail....but If you start making every prayer have a chacne to fail that would be hard...cahnce to fail could be linked to alignment but for regular prayers it would hard unless it were a slight slight slight chance.  And yes it is hard to translaet me at time...I did mean “no”
It’s diffixcult to participate in a webinar and post on Moral DEcay.

Signature 

Posted: 30 May 2008 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

I just re-read the suggestion that Paladins have passive powers....

Passive powers would blow…

Signature 

Posted: 30 May 2008 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-11-08

Here’s an idea of a “passive power” like I am talking about.

for war’s aura, instead of like the old prayer, Paladins just have war’s aura permanently engaged.  What it does is reward the Paladin with a mini-bless or some sort of power boost every time they kill an evil enemy, so if they really get rolling against some really evil foes, it snowballs.  Sort of like a less powerful version of that wizbless (I forget whose it is).

and also re-read the idea about the weapon bless.  Essentially it would be like cleansing in that it would last all boot, but instead of costing 90 mana, it would cost maybe 100 plus take 20 off your max for the boot.

my main point is to lean Paladins away from having to pray every 5 seconds.  Priests should be the ones that pray.  Paladins “pray” by kicking evil ass.

an idea like my first one would make the Paladin even more tuned toward battling evil enemies.  Otherwise, you’d just have to get way into angelic (like I think most aristos are, just by virtue of what they kill, eg. the moat) then you could kill anything as long as you came back.

Posted: 30 May 2008 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

if the fail chance..look at mages failing easy spells all the time.. and the dont get to wear armor or wield the highest wc weapons.. so they even more so rely on there spells.. if they fail there shield spell its like a cleric dropping all there armor and costing mana to do it

Posted: 30 May 2008 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-11-05

I think the ‘snowballing passive powers’ is a bad idea in that it promotes player laziness.  It’s interesting how all the focus is on Paladins.  I haven’t heard a single person talk about how they’re going to make a priest.

Posted: 30 May 2008 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

I was thinking that too....I think it is beacuse of the different thigns with the palandins.  The cleric looks very similar to some clerics now....Almost a combination of Ledah and Yasuo.  I do like the ability to drain mana from the corpse as a reward for last rites.  I would like to see the Priest get one more offensive prayer...maybe holy guidance that could either aim like moira guidance now or increase their hit rate.  The priest seems more like a party character and since msot of us are more indivudalistic the Paladin is appealing. 

With that said I do like the Priest a lot.  The idea of never having to stop and continuously playing that a Priest whould offer is great.  The defense that those prayers gives a priest and the amount of healing would ahve to be significantly greater than a paladin to make it appealing.  I would guess that the bless is goign to be far superior.  An almost 2-1 in power with te Paladin’s bless only focusing on the physical stats like an Antui bless.

The Spiritual Hammer and Shield are the things that I am most pumped about.  If that shield is anything like moira’s shield I would be a happy camper and if a maxxed hammer has a a significant amout of WC I would use it always.  The question would be could you call for two 1handed hammers.  Now that would be nice with the right aristo skills or item. 

Oh well...more rambling comments from me....

Signature 

2 of 18

‹‹ Class that needs help      Sub-Class Ideas ››