Punisher 2
Posted: 30 June 2008 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

they changed the main char.... i think this is a horrible move… badbadbad idea.

Posted: 30 June 2008 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

They got a different dude to play the punisher???  I thought the last guy did a decent job....

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 30 June 2008 05:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

I only vaguely remember the Punisher movie.  What I do remember was that I didn’t enjoy it.  Like the Hitman movie, they took a good character, with an interesting backstory, and ruined it by removing the integral elements of the character itself.  For example, in the Hitman games, the goal is to attract as little attention to oneself as possible, killing as few folks along the way to your target as possible - which is far cooler than the mayhem that the movie treated us to.  My recollection of the Punisher movie was that his cold-blooded hatred and deep-seated heart-ache that resulted in a very dark world in the graphic novels - which I didn’t think the movie lived up to.  My last critique was of the script itself - the dialogue just bugged.  What came across as “humor” was really just weak writing, I felt.

Oh well, when Punisher 2 hits Netflix, I’ll rent it - I’m a sucker that way smile

Posted: 30 June 2008 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

I liked hitman the movie.. but i never really played the game cept for like 10 mins at a friends house before leaving to the bar.  so i cant really compare the too, but the movie kept me entertained.

I like the first punisher.. ya coulda been a little darker.. but still good.. specialy when he sticks the guy through the throat.. nice

Posted: 30 June 2008 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

I think we may be impressed with the new Punisher movie.  Ray Stevenson is a good actor.  I liked his portrayal of Dagonet in the King Arthur movie, even though he had almost no dialogue, hehe.

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 01 July 2008 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

yea.. i just dont see it.. the last guy was good.. gonna be tough to fill his shoes, he was a good fit.

Posted: 01 July 2008 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

Yeah...he isn’t bad.  Marvel is on a blitzkreig lately.  Good thing I bought Marvel stock back when it was cheap as hell at like 11 bucks!  Now it is one of my few stocks that is doing well and I am just going to ride it out till the fall.  Sad thing is that it was pure lvoe of comics that made me buy it and it was soo cheap.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 01 July 2008 04:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

well done! i wish i would have done somthin like that.

‹‹ Andre had a baby!      Hancock ››