3 of 3
Some statistics
Posted: 10 December 2008 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

Hmmmm, it’s tough to get a good sample to extrapolate from because we’ve been doing so many little special things for the holidays. Maybe if I can demonstrate some restraint for a solid week, with no wiz-blesses or anything, I can grab some data.

Let me poke around and see what we’ve got.

Posted: 10 December 2008 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

Ha! This is pretty funny. I found a log that hasn’t been touched in AGES - the first entry in it is Roack from Sun Feb 25 11:54:49 2001.  Looking down a bit further for the first name that still plays, we find:

Andre 20 monk 104566 Sun Dec  9 23:57:12 2001

his last entry in the log is

Andre 20 monk 104331 Tue Nov 25 17:11:44 2008

I guess that’s xp gained in the boot. Kind of funny that in seven years, with all of the stat bonuses, new equipment, and new skills, the XP gained in a boot of play isn’t that much different.

We don’t have FTP set up on our shiny new box yet, so I can’t pull down the full log and drop it into Excel for anything more than that.

Posted: 11 December 2008 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

sir… that ust be incorrect! I know andre does double that, if not triple… plus why does it say hes level 20? (im guessing thats level)

Posted: 11 December 2008 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

I want no names or classess...top boot list...’unenhanced’

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 11 December 2008 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

For MOST things on the game, level 20 is the max. It was done for backwards compatibility - so that all of the things that say, if level == 20, allow.

This also highlights another problem with the game’s logs ... we don’t know where they come from or what data makes them smile Not everything is visible to us; some of the logs are generated server-side, and there is no game-wide search through code that’ll track a log back to its origin.

Again, as soon as we get FTP back, I’ll see what I can pull down and crunch.

Posted: 11 December 2008 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2007-11-21

The xp can be deceiving too.  There is no data to ascertain how long Andre xped on that Nov. 25, 2008 boot.  I might have only been on for 4 or 5 hours and then logged out for a booty call.

What I do know, is that some certain monks, some certain clerics, some certain barbs and one mage all make comparable xp at comparable levels.  What this tells me is that with respect to these classes, the xping power is basically balanced. 

I also know that a certain fighter, when motivated and has 6 hours to dedicate to xping, makes similar xp to the aforementioned monks, clerics, barbs and mage.

I have not experimented with the upgrades to necros.  I might try to find some time over the Holidays to test out necro to get an accurate comparison. 

I have no first hand knowledge as to the xping capabilities of high level druids or high level thieves.  Frankly, playing thief is so painful for me, I only use thief for corpse running…

Posted: 11 December 2008 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

True.. cept the last part about booty call, you dont get booty calls anymore.. you get honey spend time with the family calls

that is a farly true statment about monks,clerics,barbs… and one mage.

im hurt! cant it be 2 certain fighters? i dont suck that bad damnit! thats it, im takeing everything next boot… well when the boot is up… and im at home.. and have time and RL alcohol to play.

n/a

n/a and thiefs are pretty painful.. the only high level thief that i know of recently would play for exp would be tasth

Posted: 11 December 2008 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2007-11-21

What makes you assume that I was not referring to you in the first place?  Feeling a little inadequate, Lynis?

Posted: 15 December 2008 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

thats right! if it wernt for tanis, id be sure you were, but tanis is #1 atm, hands down

Posted: 17 January 2009 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-11-22

Sigh. Stats like that make for good arguments, that’s for sure.

And as far as that first post by Belly, those were 2 PEOPLE playing 1 class, with a certain “advantage” at that time.

Jealous? Of course not. Being factual? Yes sir.

Quote of the day: “Don’t hate the player, hate the code...”

Signature 

Alithras Moonson is gonna rip your guts. <666>

3 of 3