1 of 2
NHL off season
Posted: 22 July 2008 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

So has your team made any good moves?  Any bad moves? (No Toronto fans on this forum is there?:) )

The oilers made some good trades this off season with the aquisition of Lubimir Vishnosky and Eric Cole.  That allowed us to get rid of Jarret Stoll, Raffe torre, Yani Pitkanen and sadly Matt Greene.

We alos didn’t bother resigning Marty Reasoner (woo!) or Curtis Glencross who figured his 20 games of decent playing was worth 1.2 Million a year....haha, good luck with that signing Calgary!

We were also in the running for Marion Hossa, man, that would have rocked, maybe next year smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 22 July 2008 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-02-04

The Rangers have had a mixed offseason imo.  Letting Jagr go was inevitable, I think he just simply wanted to go back to Russia, unless he would have been vastly overpaid and overappreciated.  Sad to see him go, but I think (GM Glen) Sather did the right move.  Similarly with Avery.  I would have wanted him back, but for the price he wanted, I didn’t think it was worth it.  It’s definitely going to be a VERY different team next year that’s for sure.  Naslund and Redden I am skeptical of.  Both have high potential, but risky prices nonetheless.  Hopefully they pan out.

Posted: 23 July 2008 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

I have nothing to say about “my team” they have a couple of players left with talent, but im sure they will trade them away soon too.

Posted: 23 July 2008 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Lynis - Your team still the ducks?  Or LA?

Oilers were in on the Jagr talks as well, but he wanted 2 years and we only offered 1.  With the new CBA offering a player over 35 a multi year contract can be a risky thing.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 23 July 2008 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

my “team”.. if you wanna call them that.. is LA.. but i like watching the ducks.. cause the actully win sometimes

Posted: 23 July 2008 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

oh...your team made a great trade......to my team!

Actually, I was hoping Stoll would be given another year to bounce back and I hate seeing Matt Green leaving.  LA is a better team with both those guys in the lineup.

also, Matt Green is one hell of a funny guy.  he has some good stuff on YouTube from interviews and shit like that.

The Camilari trade sucks for me as well, he got traded to our hated rivals Calgary....I hate Calgary.

Signature 

Posted: 23 July 2008 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

ya Vishnosky gone, Blake gone… go defense!

Posted: 24 July 2008 04:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Green is a good stay at home D-Man and stoll has been one of the best face off guys in the league forthe last few years.  I’m just not sure of LA’s goaltending, kind of odd roloson didn’t get traded in that bundle as well.  He could have been a good mentor for some young goalies.

Signature 

Posted: 30 July 2008 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Man, I wish something exciting would happen....I hate the off season.  I even watch an inning of baseball the other day....oh man, have I sunk low.

Signature 

Posted: 30 July 2008 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

ya sportscenter drives me crazy right now.. all it is is baseball.. baseball.. baseball… farve.. baseball baseball baseball

Posted: 30 July 2008 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

heh, at least I gert a good mix of CFL in there.  Plus we had major golf tourney and a few major tennis tourneys in the last few weeks.  But still...it aint hockey.

Signature 

Posted: 30 July 2008 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

The good thing that happened to my local team is....

That it is the off season and they can’t dissapoint the city any more

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 30 July 2008 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

hahaha...Atlanta doesn’t need to play to disappoint smile I’m pretty surethey can find a way to screw things up smile

Signature 

Posted: 31 July 2008 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Wow...They just announced Kevin Lowe has been bumped up to Presedient of Rexall sports and Steve Tambilini will now be the GM for the oierls and Kevin Pendergast will now be the Assistant GM.

I wonder if this means MacT will now be fired and K-Lowe would never fire his buddy.  I also wonder how this will change the roster as k-lowe was pretty dedicated to a few players who should have been gone long ago...but I guess they did get rid of stoll, torres and reasoner.

Signature 

Posted: 31 July 2008 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

That should be president of hockey operations for Rexall sports.

Signature 

Posted: 01 August 2008 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

your speaking gibberish to me

1 of 2

‹‹ FF on yahoo