New cleric, which path did you choose? 
Posted: 01 August 2008 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

Im curious who went which way, and how they like it, and do they wish they would have gone the other way… so far alot of priests and only a couple pallys.. that i have heard about.. sooo just reply with which way you went and how you like it

Posted: 01 August 2008 02:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-11-06

I had a lvl 10 cleric sitting about so I decided to make him a Priest.  Main reason was the fact his 2h club skill isn’t too bad, but also I thought it could be fun to party up and try and keep people alive.  Have played a bit as Priest and like what I see so far.  The summoned hammer is great - I got some incredibly hard hits with that toy.

I just have to get used to the lifespans of my bless, hammer etc. so I can better control my mana.

I also have a lvl 5 acolyte which I intend to make a Paladin.  However, I need to explore and find a cleansable sword that a lvl 5 can get.  Or else I can just be cheeky and ask a higher lvl player to help me out…

Posted: 01 August 2008 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-06-15

I’m holding off for a while. When I classed Anon as a Conjurer it was a much better subclass. Subsequent spell nerf/changes made me want to change my mind, but the cost to change is ridiculous...just as it is with Cleric. It really should just cost silver.

All I’ve seen so far is how insane DI is. I’d like to say that’s why most people went that route, but the better bless on other people and the ability to restore someone’s exp is significant. Honestly, I think Paladins got the short end of the stick...only time will tell.

Anon

Posted: 01 August 2008 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

I went Paladin because I wanted the offense when I was solo.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 01 August 2008 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

hey, your offensive whether your solo or not smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 01 August 2008 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

Damn You!  I will have to use my Holy Avenger to strike down the infidel that is Tarmon.

I also thought the Paladin had a little more versatility to him with the two Auras and the offensive multiple NPC prayer like storm.  I like when the gods pee on teh evil ones....

Prepare to be peed on Tarmon....

Signature 

Posted: 01 August 2008 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Dude, Iam so full of hot air, that if your gods decided to pee on me, it would just blow back you smile

Then I will laugh smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 04 August 2008 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

Whole weekend has passed anymore Paladins out there?  I only know of a few...I think 3 or 4 total.

Signature 

Posted: 04 August 2008 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I think once they saw that you went Paladin, they went Priest.  WE all know to do the opposite of Heimy and the odds are in our favourthat this will be a good choice smile

Signature 

‹‹ Some statistics      Mage changes ››