1 of 2
Activities away from the computer
Posted: 07 August 2008 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Just wondering what people like to do away from the computer.  and as much as I enjoy drinking beer, that’s not the type of activity I am talking about smile

As an example, I enjoy cutting fire wood for the fires I have in the backyard with my kids.  It’s a great workout.  i also enjoy building lego with my son and coaching my daughter’s ringette team.

I’m also thinking about getting back into bike riding.  I enjoy a nice bike ride through the trails, but I don;t think the others using the trail like seeing my fat ass on a bike riding by them smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 07 August 2008 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

hmmm most i do envolves drinking beer…

bars… check
camping… check
boating/fishing… check
movies… check
concerts...check
happyhour...check
MMA Fights...check
XBox360...check
watching sports...check

oh.. i dont drink when i walk my dog.. there ya go
cept i dont really “enjoy” that as much as he does
playing sports would be on there, but still got a bum knee

and tarmon.. we all agree with you about the biking

Posted: 07 August 2008 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

I run about 5 days a week and average between 30 and 35 miles.  That’s one hobby.  If I have downtime and I don’t have a computer and can’t run, then I read.  Between MD, running, and reading, that accounts of the vast majority of my entertainment.

Since I technically only work from 8 - 3:30pm for 8 months of the year, I also end up doing most of the grocery shopping, cooking, and laundry, but since there’s only two of us and we live in a small condo, those chores don’t take much time.

Posted: 08 August 2008 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Nice smile

I purchased some new tools to destroy wood with yesterday.  2 brand new spillting wedges, I think I now have enough tools to destroy a small forest smile The only thing I may need to upgrade is my single bladed axe to a double bladed axe.

As forthe bike riding, I almost went out last night, but after chopping wood I was pretty bagged, the crazy heat wave we are having isn’t helping either.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 08 August 2008 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

bah.. you dont know heat!

I wish i enjoyed running.. but i hate it.. always have… love playing sports.. have no problem running till my legs give out on me playing sports.. but just running stirght… or worse in circles.. laps.. treadmill… yuk yuk and yuk smile treadmill is alright cause its in the AC and usally have a tv to watch which makes you forget about what your doing.. sometimes.

Posted: 08 August 2008 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

man...when the temps get to 31C in my area...thats a fricken heat wave.....I prefer +15C as my max temp.....I may need to move further north.

Yeah, I didn’t mind running track as a kid, but I prefered runnign when I played soccer.  I could never just go for a run as something fun though.

Signature 

Posted: 08 August 2008 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

hah.. 87.8F is average for us right now, if not on the cool side smile.. add 120% humitity to were you walk out side an just start sweating .. thats the fun stuff… but the hottest no shit iv been in… 57.2C / 135F ... iraq.. whats crazy is you get used to it.. nights there would be 37.7C / 100F ... come back to the states and be freezing in 29C/85F weather… fun fun times.. ahh memorys

Posted: 08 August 2008 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

heh, I wouldn’t make it.  I hate being too hot and sweating when your not active.

I go visit hot places in the winter cause in the summer, it’s way to fricken hot.  I prefer the northern lakes though where the ice doesn’t come off till June and your catching monster fish that are tasty smile

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2008 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

I used to have a ton of hobbies mostly revolving around playing sports.  Now with my 3-4 hours of commuting I read ton still and play with my daughter for fun.  I still play basketball with the league at work but that is about it.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 10 August 2008 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

3-4 hours of commuting!?  That’s awful.

Posted: 11 August 2008 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

If I drove and wasted a tone of cash on gas I could make the total commute in 3 hours.  Taking some mass transit, saving some cash, and saving some frustration it takes me 4.  It gives me time to read, relax, and/or do some work.  I wish I could move clseo but my wife likes it out here and it is closer to her work.  Plus I gotta a sweet house and would hae to get a much smaller not as cool house if I moved in to the city.  My house would cost twice as much in the city, and would just reduce my commute to 1 hour.

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2008 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Maybe you should move your work closer to your house smile

with a 4 hour commute I would get a laptop with satalite modem so you can mud on the bus\train\whatever it is you ride smile

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2008 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

they got them cellcards now for laptops that connect you thro cell cites.. im sure that is much cheaper smile

Posted: 11 August 2008 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

yeah, but with a satalite modem, he can mud from the North Pole!

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2008 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

Did I mention that I am cheap and that those options would only equate to about 1 more hour of mud time per day.

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2008 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

yeah, but that 1 hour more of a chance for me to see you in the paper!  It’s a cost risk I think you should invest in smile

Signature 

1 of 2

‹‹ Recipes      Warhammer: Age of Reckoning ››