1 of 3
NFL free agency
Posted: 29 February 2008 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

There are a lot of quality free agents out there.  Who did your team pick up?

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 29 February 2008 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2007-11-21

If your team is interested in an old, horrible backup quarterback, who has an arm like a 14 year old girl, but makes starter type money, please take Mark Brunnell from the Redskins.

Hell, he would be an upgrade over Tarvaris Jackson.

The Redskins!  The only team who pays a receiver $10million dollars for something like 4 receptions in two years.

Posted: 29 February 2008 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-02

The bay area can compete with you when it comes to stupidity.  The 49ers just picked up Alex Smith’s option til 2010 (which blows my frickin mind), and the Raiders just made some Kelly guy the highest paid DT in NFL history.

Hey, Patrick Willis did really good last season didn’t he?  Maybe the 49ers will trade him like they did Peterson.

Where’s Eddie DeBartolo when you need him? :(

Signature 

Posted: 29 February 2008 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

i need to check my news i didnt see they picked up alex smith till 2010.. i though he was gonna be competing for the starting job still with shawn hill who ended the season balling. but, thats just 2 more years anyways, its always good to have a backup that knows the plays.. plus.. he still is a possible starter.. altho i havent seen much of any improvment since we picked him up.. just a couple sparkles of greatness.. nothing a 3rd string qb cant do. 

as for free agency the chargers dropped 2 id like the see the niners try to pick up for a decent price, Shane Olivea would be a great pickup and long term investment.. and Lorenzo Neal is a fanfuckingtastic lead blocker with would alow gore to run over the safteys

Posted: 29 February 2008 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-02

They let go of Neal?!  Crazy.  He’s a huge reason for Tomlinson’s success.  I’d love to have him blocking for Frank Gore.  One can only dream though . . .

Signature 

Posted: 03 March 2008 03:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

Falcons got turner, how many running backs do they need? i think they are lacking in another postion.. what was it… oh yea.. QB.. nevermind they have Redman, Leftwich and harrington.. they will be fine, hah

Browns picks up stallworth

Bills get Stroud of an number of undisclosed draft picks

Vikings picks up Bernard Berrian

Niners picked up Justin Smith (who?)

Kris Jenkins went to the jets for 08 3rd and 5th pick

Niners sign Isaac Bruce.. im sure he still has hands, but, hes getting a little old
Niners sign DeShaun Foster… i didnt think we needed another RB.. i guess hicks in a free agent but still
Niners sign Dontarrious Thomas while, his preformece has sucked donky nuts.. i did really good with him in ESPN 2k4 and 2k5.. heh.. so i think he might still have talent.

and finally.. Washingtons savor Todd Collins
G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int
4 106.4 67 105 63.8 888 222.0 8.5 5 0

Posted: 03 March 2008 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-02

I saw that the falcons let go of Warrick Dunn.  I also saw that Ben Worthlessburger signed an 8 year 102 mil extension with Pitt.

Signature 

Posted: 04 March 2008 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

yea i saw that after the post, which makes more sense, cept for the fact there running game wasnt hurting in the first place.. and ya.. go pit, thats there golden boy, and they can keep him..

moss is staying with the Pats for 3 years and 27mil, 12mil signing bonuses and good incentives

Posted: 17 March 2008 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

I live near Atlanta and Turner was the best thing they could pick up to get off of the McFadden radar.  They’ll pick a QB in the draft ...there jsut aren’t any outh ther in free agency.  I just with they would pick up a quality DT.  What happened to Darwin Walker?  He was good up in Philly got traed to Chicago this past year and of coruse they weren’t goign to pick up the contract.  Someoen needs to snatch him up.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 18 March 2008 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

Id take Mike Rucker over Darwin Walker in a heart beat.  Or bring Sapp out of retirement.. he wasnt putting up primetime numbers.. but better then both Rucker and Walker combined last year.

and as for the niners.. now they have had a WR from every team in there conf.  now.. can they work that to there advantage?

Posted: 19 March 2008 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

The 49ers have a lot and I mean a lot of rebuildign to do.  I hope they get their act together so we can rekindle the rivalry of the 90’s!

GO COWBOYS!

Signature 

Posted: 19 March 2008 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

amen brother

but i dont think this is the year

Posted: 19 March 2008 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-02

Shaun Hill will lead us to the promise land.

Signature 

Posted: 20 March 2008 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

hah, gotta play him first, they are still thinking Alex smith i think.

Posted: 20 March 2008 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

You guys need to do something besides those two guys.  A premier QB is what you need and I am not sure where you are going to get him for next year.  If you draft one it could be a few years and I don’t think too many “great” QB’s are in this draft.

Signature 

Posted: 20 March 2008 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

Thats the thing, most great QB’s dont come top of the draft.  well we will see if we messed up by taking smith and not rodgers.  Niners offense is just shitty.

1 of 3

Brett Favre/GB ››