1 of 2
Necro changes
Posted: 19 August 2008 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2007-11-18

Hey guys not sure how many of you have logged in your necros recently, but there was a request for ideas to better the necro class...i.e. make it more playable in the less than full boots that many of us only have the time to play.  If great ideas were input, the wizzes would be willing to code it.  So far not many ideas/responses.  I think this is due to people not logging on their necros and being aware.

So come up with ideas and post them on necro class board and here.  We all want some kind of change, and it is obviously necessary due to the low lvl of active necros.  With the revitalization of clerics this is a grand time to bring necros back to activity, for where there is light there must be dark for the light to be known.

Signature 

cool mad

Posted: 19 August 2008 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

We still have a necro class?

And lets clarify that some wizards would be will to work on it if there was some decent ideas that are long term fixes, not a short term patch, and if they have the time to do it.

I think overall theclass is pretty cool, but has some playability issues.  They changed after I wizzed so I am not sure how the limbs, acolytes and crap like that work.  My understanding was that these things were put in to help with playability, did they?

I thought Store\recall undead was a pretty useful skill, I am not sure if that has a chance of coming back or not.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 19 August 2008 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

someone please stop tarmon from thinking smile

necro is a really fun class.. if you got the time to play it.. the deathknight subclass sounded good to me.. that was on another thread i think.. or being able to take the form of undead.. like a lich for spells or deathknight for melee.. i think it would be kinda cool to raise a lich also.. that would randomly cast spells and shield you and your undeads

as far as limbs and acolytes.. they can be helpful.. but i dont think they play much of a roll in playability

Posted: 19 August 2008 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2007-11-05

several different ideas to combat the time investment to make undeads and to get your most efficient playing out of it (usually a full boot).

Some included being able to buy a corpse from Khail of high enough strength to animate, getting a doppleganger of the casting necro to commands, an undead that absorbs strengths of its kills till it maxes it, bringing back saving undead on the plane of death, and several others.

The issue was raised i believe by lythas cause every other class can log in, suit up, and be out fighting within 20 minutes even if it is store bought crap.  It takes even the best necros over an hour to get a second Dk up and running.  So some sort of approach that levels the playing field a bit is what is being sought out.

The idea of breaking the class into subs came up too, A demonologist that captures the souls of victims and uses them to call forth demons to do its bidding was one, A death knight subclass which is more of a necro meets fighter hybrid(chaos warrior), A undead form warrior be it Vampire, lichform or some other undead that the player becomes, as well as current undead commanding necro.

Personally i think breaking the class into subs gives more variety especially if the necro can switch between them easily.  If you can dedicate the time to building the DKs and have the time to play the current necro should net enough xp and power equal of such dedication (would require boosting of power though).  But if you don’t have the time and still want to play your necro you could don the vampire or chaos warrior and go out and play.  Or if you don’t like the warrior style of play, you could be more of the demonologist.

Posted: 19 August 2008 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-06-30

I have posted some ideas on another board but I will post my ideas.  The idea is to make it where a necro can log in and we playing in a shorter time. A lot of my ideas are stuff that would be added to current necros, and some of it ties into willpower.  It would be a pain to get this just right, but I am just throwing ideas =). So here I go:
- Some classes have abilities that only set up in 1 room to help with combat; zerk, mandala of harmony, etc.  So why not let necros have something too.  I liked the idea of a pillar of darkness that drops the light lvl an ungodly amount.  It could also be tied into willpower so necros with 2 dks couldn’t really do it.  Another idea is a necro creates a dark vortex that pumps out darkness and helps the necro in another way, healing, mana regren, attacks target, etc.
- Give the necro ability to wear higher ac armor and wield higher wc weapons.  To do this through they must cast spells on the armor and weapons, which could also be linked to willpower somehow.  Allowing a necro to wear higher ac and wield higher wc alone would help some.
- Added weapon spells; disease, hellfire, acid (harvested from organs), etc
- Ability to darken own eq, willpower based on the item.
- Allow necro to mod a dk, ie add 2 arms to him so he can wield 4 weapons instead of the necro using undead limbs.  It would have be an addition to the dk, so that heal would cure the extra limbs.  Issue I see is with armor for the dk with 4 arms.
- Restore Store Undead spell.
- Allow a necro to summon a daemon into themselves, could affect their powers in battle, heal wounds during battle, etc.  I would say raise a necro’s stats but that is too much like a bless and isn’t very fair to clerics, but a necro can’t get a bless from a cleric.
- If necros were broken into sub-classes, I think there should only be 2 like how the clerics are.  A summoning class, similar to the current necros and the warrior class.  The summoning would get added ability so they could summon demons and other nightmarish creatures.  While the warrior class would be masters of darkness, and spells that affect their battle ability and affect there enemies.

I got more ideas, but not enough time to type them.

Posted: 20 August 2008 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23
Psychic Venom - 19 August 2008 06:58 PM

- Give the necro ability to wear higher ac armor and wield higher wc weapons.  To do this through they must cast spells on the armor and weapons, which could also be linked to willpower somehow.  Allowing a necro to wear higher ac and wield higher wc alone would help some.

dont they already have this?

Posted: 20 August 2008 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Joined  2008-06-30

Nope, necros can not wear above ac2 armor or wield 1h weapons above wc18, and I think the wc max for 2h is 24-26 area.  Undead limbs can wield max wc weapon but then a necro has to make his own body armor.  Of course I haven’t trully played necro in a bit so I maybe way off base hehe.

Posted: 20 August 2008 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

I know they can do bone armor and such. WC18 is still pretty high WC.. and yup AC2 ringmail.. well for storebought atleast.. but there is armor out there necros can get with higher AC just like thief and monk and mage and and barb and druid (necros can wear what druids wear right? i dont see why not its bone)

Posted: 20 August 2008 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Joined  2008-06-30

Yea, necros have bone armor spell, I was just throwing an idea out there that they wouldn’t need to use bone armor anymore.  Something like a dark enchantment on higher ac armor and wc weapons to allow them to use it was what I was kinda getting at.  It would use mana and willpower.  You could even add that the necro would have to refresh the enchant ever so often.  The armor lvl I was thinking was like what a dk can wear....ac4 chain armor.

Posted: 20 August 2008 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Necro’s have a spell that can add AC to ring mail armour it’s called Bone Armour. 
They also have a spell to add armour to limbs its called Flesh Armour.
I’ll have to check, but does the ice sheath just change the attacl from physical to cold or does it also add wc?  If someone knows that would rock, as I can’t check till posibly tomorrow.  I think the spell I’m talking about is Chill blade or something like that.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 20 August 2008 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Joined  2008-06-30

What I was after was the ability for a necro to log in, and in 30 minutes be really playing, maybe not like what it is with undead, but xp’ing.  Bone and flesh armor require the necro to make the kills themselves to use the body for what they want.  If npc lvl affects the str of bone and flesh armor spells like I think it does then a necro would need to have an undead or at least a few high acolytes to get higher npc corpses.  I could be wrong on the npc lvl thing through.

As for chill of death, I always through it only added cold damage and cold speicals, but the wc and base damage stayed the same.  I just don’t have a way to really check that through.

Posted: 20 August 2008 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Well damn, looks like I may haveto log in tonight now sometime and do a bit of research smile

Signature 

Posted: 22 August 2008 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

hmmm Tarmon was spose to do some research 2 nights ago smile I guess we can expect to hear his findings in about a month or 2 smile

Posted: 22 August 2008 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Actually it was last night I was supposeto look it up, and I got started...then I got side tracked, then before I knew it I was ready to crash and I had forgotten all about it smile I’ll see what I can look up this weekend and pass on.

Signature 

Posted: 25 August 2008 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

wow, after looking at some of the necro code, You guys have emotional issues that counciling won’t fix smile

I looked at Bone armor - Recommend you cast this with at least 1 acolyte, but the more acolytes and high acolytes the better.I think is more of a get up and get going spell, not one needed to be maintained once your up and running.

Chill of Death - Again, recommend having at least a high Acolyte for this one, but for a short term fight, this is a pretty decent spell.  I wasn’t paying to much attention to how long it lasts, but at level 12 I think it was about 4-5 minutes.  Some nice specials with this spell.

In depending on how you want to play:
I can see a necro getting an acolyte, few limbs, using bone and flesh armour and undead beast, but not worrying about the standard undeads and having a successful few hours of playing.

Or, if your playing a full boot, using the scenario above to get your undeads up and running.

Signature 

Posted: 25 August 2008 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

ok.. i am kinda worried.. tarmon is being productive… checking on necro skills… changings/updating boards…
cower

1 of 2

‹‹ New Barb Aristo Skill      Thieves ››