Darkfall and War Hammer online
also hear Mass Effect is pretty nice
and Force Unleashed should be good

Posted: 29 February 2008 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

I was chatting with Maggie yesterday and she turned me on to this WoW server called Wowbeez.  It’s free WoW.  I was thinking about checking it out.  I’m hesitant though, being that my productivity would probably drop to zero if it were good.

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 29 February 2008 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

yea a friend of mine was just telling me about free wow servers. .. like 30 secs ago heh.  but im done with wow, it wasnt the money that made me lose intrest.. it was the game itself

Posted: 01 March 2008 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-11-05

Halo 3
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Guitar Hero II and III
Rock Band

Waiting on:
GTA4

Side Notes:
We have CoD4, haven’t played yet
Started Assassins Creed, didn’t like it, too many cut scenes
Have Mass Effect, haven’t played yet
have a crap ton of others…

Posted: 02 March 2008 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2007-11-05

i’m still waiting for the EMU-SWG project to kick off, free servers running pre-fuckedup Star Wars Galaxies.

Occasionally i’m playing Eve Online

mostly i’ve been playing ‘fix my old house’

Posted: 03 March 2008 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

I got GH 2 and 3, but there is all scratched up now and dont play them very much anyways.  Used to play eve, quit, tried again, quit again, 2 good friends of mine play, ones in Goonswarm which is the Corp i was playing with.. the other is a pirate type, and both have quit or are about to quit for whatever reason, i havent figured it out yet.  loved the idea.. just the actual game play sucked.

Posted: 06 March 2008 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-11-24

Atari: Ms. Pac-Man, Defender, Pitfall, Frogger, Yar’s Revenge.
Sega Genesis: Pirates! Gold, Mutant League Football, Master Of Monsters.
Macintosh: Civilization IV.
iPod: Ms. Pac-Man, Sudoku.

Remember, I kick it… old school!  (I think my oldest video game system is old enough to be Tyrande’s father.)

Posted: 06 March 2008 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-11-06

COD4
debating on rainbow 6 las vegas 2

Posted: 06 March 2008 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

Okay, I’m screwed.  I’m playing free World of Warcraft.  *waves goodbye to his productivity*

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 06 March 2008 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-11-18

eeek noooo lol.. jk smile
is it really that fun?

(hehe my brother said it was only ok so i listened to him and i havent tried it)

Signature 

“Moonlight shines on the innocent and guilty alike.”

Posted: 07 March 2008 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-11-06

I don’t get much time these days, but on PC I play Football Manager (my Arsenal team are pretty much unbeatable at present) and pop on World of Warcraft every now and then.  It’s ok, but they made changes to make it even more newbie-friendly.  Not sure if I play enough to justify paying the monthly fee though.

I recently thought about re-installing Battlefield 1942 or Vietnam, but never got round to it.  Not even sure if anyone plays those games anymore.

On Xbox 360, I have still to finish Crackdown (yeah, I’m that slow) but can’t fecking wait for GTAIV.

Posted: 07 March 2008 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

People are still on Battlefield 2, i hope on every now and then… yes, its easy to get sucked into endless hours of WoW

Posted: 07 March 2008 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-05

Wow is ok, but it lacks a certain depth and community.  One of the reasons i really liked Star Wars Galaxies was that you could spend hours on end playing a businessman/crafter/entertainer and make money and have fun.  I went for months on end without ever having to enter combat and i was busy and having fun.  Course i was running a multi planet empire raking in more credits than my entire clan, but thats fun in its own way.

Posted: 07 March 2008 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

really? that sounds pretty bad ass.. i never got to far into galaxies.. played the trial and i didnt like it.. eve was kinda like that.. which was pretty cool, but eve lacked gameplay i though.. does galaxies still cost to play?

Posted: 07 March 2008 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-05
Lynis - 07 March 2008 05:40 AM

really? that sounds pretty bad ass.. i never got to far into galaxies.. played the trial and i didnt like it.. eve was kinda like that.. which was pretty cool, but eve lacked gameplay i though.. does galaxies still cost to play?

Sony, in its infinite retardedness, killed galaxies.  They introduced a combat upgrade that dumbed down their combat system to a fifth grade level.  Then they introduced a major packaged called NGE, the new game experience which cut their skill based system with 28 professions down to 9 ‘classes’ and made jedi a playable class.  The combat upgrade pissed off alot of the fanbase and the NGE caused a mass exodus of about 90% of the players. 

So the game still exists but not as it was and the servers are pretty empty.  There is a movement to make SWG-EMU, free servers run and operated by players to host pre-combat upgrade versions of the game.

The game had alot of potential but the devs spent too much time making new stuff that didn’t work rather than fixing the old stuff of expanding on existing stuff.  Much to players aggrivation.

I beta tested Eve and it was so complex as to aggrivate me.  I came back to it with some guildmates and its ok.  Its very complex and very deep so you can do alot of stuff, and the coming upgrades (planetside stuff, and being able to leave your ship and walk around) looks to be very promising.  But it is a very intimidating and complex game.

Posted: 07 March 2008 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

I play nothing !  I haven’t bought a computer game in ages; and I haven’t owned a console since the Atari 2600 my parents saved up for to buy for my sister and I.  The wife wants a Wii, but I just can’t find one in San Francisco.

Our house is incredibly boring for kids - don’t let us babysit.  I drag nieces and nephews to museums!

[edit]
I just remembered, I used to play Dungeon Siege ... I bought it at Costco for next to nothing.  There are things in that game that I rather enjoyed, and you’ve probably seen them around MD.  Things like breakable crates to find loot, and red & blue potions.

I also really enjoyed Neverwinter Nights for a short time.  It looked neat and I enjoyed the exploration and quests, but hated the slow combat.

I also played Fable for a short time, and really enjoyed it.  When we switched from PCs to our Macs, I never replaced or even thought about buying new games.  MD is enough of a time-sink for me

1 of 5