i can’t remember all their names
Posted: 29 December 2008 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-12-22

hey what were the names of the veslan thieves? fior is one… forget the rest raspberry

Posted: 29 December 2008 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

Do you mean NoCha, Balin, Ratri, and Alisandra?

Posted: 29 December 2008 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

Who da hell is Fior?

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 06 January 2009 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2007-11-18

Nod NoCha, Ratri, Balin, and Alisandra, are all i remember.

On the subject of these special NPC’s I remember Crunch, Shadow Death, and the guy that attacked Anshelm, were there any other of these special wiz released NPC’s that I am not remembering

Signature 

cool mad

Posted: 06 January 2009 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

Kirsh the druid, Aengus the Fighter, Earon the Relentless (a pirate), the Sphinx (who blocked access to Pylus for those who couldn’t solve a riddle - at least until she was killed). There’s also a rarely-seen, Halloween-release-only Jason Vorhees, and a similar Christmas-only-release, The Ghost of Christmas Future.

The thieves are Lilu’s, Crunch was Flash’s, then Flatline’s; the rest of these guys are mine. I haven’t actually released any in a while because the risk vs reward calculus just never balances out right. These are crazy big NPCs with thousands of lines of artificial intelligence that requires tactical fighting to defeat them. It’s a lot of work for players, with a high chance of someone dying, so folks just avoid the big NPCs and go on with their regular playing. That bums me out because the weeks and months that I put into the NPCs is “wasted” if no one fights them. Then it’s also kind of wasteful for me to spend, let’s say, 6 weeks on a single NPC that will get fought a half-dozen times - as opposed to spending those 6 weeks on a new area that’ll be played for years to come.

Some day I’ll get back into a big NPC and we’ll make it a scheduled Event. Kind of the way WoW handles some of their special NPC battle-royales.

Posted: 13 January 2009 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-11-06

Ah, I remember the thieves.  I never battled them as I always seemed to meet them when I was logged in as a low level character.

Jason Voorhees - surely this was/would be a Friday 13th npc?  I remember killing him and stupidly deciding to rest up and heal beside his ‘corpse’.  Hmm - there is a Friday 13th in February (hint hint!).  Shame that armour guilds can’t make the hockey masks anymore....

Crunch - I will never forget, or forgive, the indignity of having my ass handed to me by an npc wielding my severed arm.

Sphinx - I loved that event!  The riddles, for me, were great fun.  Events don’t have to be about huge fights or badass npcs - riddles, treasue hunts etc. are excellent.  The fight was crazy too, if I remember correctly.  But then someone went and acted a dick about the reward....

Earon - I remember him too.  I was running about trying to quest or something, and he kept stealing things from me.  I got a bit irate at him, for which I apologise.

Kirsh - I remember the name, but don’t think I ever fought him.

Shadow Death - *sigh*.  Too bad I had to learn the hard way that he followed you out of Candera.

Damn it!  All these memories make me wish I had more time to log on and play.  I like the idea of scheduled events though - if it was announced that on a certain weekend/day that a big event was to occur, I would book time off work, send the missus out for the night and log on for some MD fun.

On a similar note though, Belly...when old Anshelm was attacked by the dragon, I remember fighting it for a time.  Do you happen to have old logs at all of that event?  I wouldn’t mind seeing if it was Igor or Conall who fought.  I also have a vague memory (all my memories are hazy in my old age) of there being statues or something of people who fought the dragon?

Posted: 20 January 2009 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

Oh yeah, I should add the dragon to the list! There was the baby dragon that if you beat it, it’d submit to you, follow you and kill things for you. It healed itself by freezing whatever it killed and eating the corpse.

Then, to close “old Anshelm” I had the mom come and kick ass - she “destroyed” the old city and I closed it for a week or so to switch to the new code. That was good fun.

I liked how the dragon would take flight and freeze people from the air smile

I’ll look around and see if I have logs anywhere…

There are logs - they’re just HUGE. I’ll need ftp to get them off the game and up somewhere for folks to see.

Posted: 14 March 2009 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-11-22
Hoax - 29 December 2008 11:08 AM

Who da hell is Fior?

Whoa whoa whoa.

Fior is a creation by a wizard who idolized the playing skill of one Foray Moonson.

Fior is a gladiator in the Indel arena.

*flex*

“...Imitation is the best form of flattery”

Fior-AY, the SLICK!

jyeah

Signature 

Alithras Moonson is gonna rip your guts. <666>

Posted: 14 March 2009 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-11-22
Belegost - 06 January 2009 07:00 PM

Kirsh the druid, Aengus the Fighter, Earon the Relentless (a pirate), the Sphinx (who blocked access to Pylus for those who couldn’t solve a riddle - at least until she was killed). There’s also a rarely-seen, Halloween-release-only Jason Vorhees, and a similar Christmas-only-release, The Ghost of Christmas Future.

The thieves are Lilu’s, Crunch was Flash’s, then Flatline’s; the rest of these guys are mine. I haven’t actually released any in a while because the risk vs reward calculus just never balances out right. These are crazy big NPCs with thousands of lines of artificial intelligence that requires tactical fighting to defeat them. It’s a lot of work for players, with a high chance of someone dying, so folks just avoid the big NPCs and go on with their regular playing. That bums me out because the weeks and months that I put into the NPCs is “wasted” if no one fights them. Then it’s also kind of wasteful for me to spend, let’s say, 6 weeks on a single NPC that will get fought a half-dozen times - as opposed to spending those 6 weeks on a new area that’ll be played for years to come.

Some day I’ll get back into a big NPC and we’ll make it a scheduled Event. Kind of the way WoW handles some of their special NPC battle-royales.

Since everything Belly said was pertinent, I didnt edit anything.

His name was Eron, the sea pirate, and I know this, because I was the only one who killed him.

Qwerty Knight, FIRST ever master of all 8 maxxed out weapon skills

Signature 

Alithras Moonson is gonna rip your guts. <666>

Posted: 01 April 2009 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Belegost - 06 January 2009 07:00 PM

the Sphinx (who blocked access to Pylus for those who couldn’t solve a riddle - at least until she was killed).

Found this stashed away in one of my MD folders - the Sphinx riddles:

Riddle #1
Weight in my belly,
Trees on my back,
Nails in my ribs,
Feet I do lack.

Answer: ?

Riddle #2
Alive without breath,
As cold as death;
Never thirsty, ever drinking,
All in mail never clinking.

Riddle #3
Three lives have I.
Gentle enough to soothe the skin,
Light enough to caress the sky
Hard enough to crack rocks.

That was a fun event.

Posted: 02 April 2009 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-11-08

#2 was from the hobbit...the answer is FISSSHSHSHES SWEET FISSSSHS

Posted: 21 November 2009 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2007-11-21

#3 is water.  My brain hurts from writing a legal brief atm, so I’m not wasting any brain power on the first one....

On a side note, it always seems that I read these boards when MD is down…

Posted: 10 June 2011 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-11-07

#1 isnt a sign?

Posted: 12 June 2011 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Lee - 10 June 2011 02:16 PM