Favorite Area that Sucks
Posted: 26 July 2009 05:21 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2007-11-05

Does anyone have an area that you just love to go to but the xp and rewards are pure shit?

I’d like to revamp an area that is old and busted.  There are so many areas that are unused because of outdated gear and bad xp but with a fantastic plot and storyline running through it. 

My ‘why is this here’ area of the moment is the pier in Indel.  I love pirates, sailors could be made cool - everyone loves a good swashbuckler!  Travelers, importers, poor dock workers, wenches, muggers, drunk floozies, a few dirty gross street kids, young dudes wanting adventure, I see all these things running around the piers of a big castle town. 

So… What area do you wish was cool?

Posted: 26 July 2009 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-11-05

What about that area in vesla with the conspirators?  I only kill there to get low wc weapons for newbie characters that can’t wield what stores are offering.  Maybe there could be a reward from venris or something for disrupting another plot against the queen?  I’m thinking this could be a mid-level task.  Also the door at the cultists doesn’t lead anywhere so you could probably open and code a whole new area there.

Posted: 26 July 2009 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2007-11-05

I agree, and I’ve thought about that exact thing, revamping the vesla area because the lead up to it is pretty awesome.  but i see that as more of a new area rather than a revamp.  it is on my to-do list!

Posted: 26 July 2009 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-11-05

Good to hear:) I’m looking forward to seeing revamped indels stuff.  Although no other areas come to mind right now, how about individual npcs as well?  Like Erven for example.  He is a fairly tough fight, especially for non-aristos.  The xp is decent enough i guess but maybe his bracers could get an upgrade or maybe area specials can come with that hammer of his.

Posted: 27 July 2009 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2007-11-18

Personally I think that Indel and Vesla are the two most in need areas of some updating.  I can still remember many many years back when Valient, the White Knight was terrifying fight, and the Lochaber Axe was a much sought after weapon. The whole castle and quest which never seems to have been finished, as well as all the rich Indel family desriptions, seems like it could be re-vamped and updated some.  Valient should be a tough fight for anyone, as it is he is cake for most aristos

In Vesla, I would love to see more to castle Menlyn, as well as some updating to the temple with the cultists and grey-bladed sword. I remember when that was a much prized sword and the Blessed Hammer there was a cleric favorite.  So much that could be expanded upon with Temple… think Vesla Catacombs

Signature 

cool mad

Posted: 27 July 2009 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2007-11-18

Also I agree that Pier in Indel is kind of Pointless as is, much that could be expanded on there.

Signature 

cool mad

Posted: 27 July 2009 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2007-11-06

If Vesla did expand/update, personally I’d like to see it kept as a low to lvl 19 lvl range. It is the starting city, a basic city, but it would be neat to see some expansion/theme added to the hidden areas like the cultists. As a sidenote, there _is_ already an important use for the blessed hammer, for those of you who have might have explored some very high lvl cold areas in detail. So changing that items power isn’t necessary for those who know the task.

Indel has a lot of potential for improvement towards the big aristos tho. I’d love to see lots of the guard lvls upgraded and knights/kings etc with cool eq. Maybe even some new raids of baddies plaguing the city!