1 of 2
Biggest Jerk
Posted: 02 March 2008 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

We’ve had the Best PKer debate before, but how about this one: Who was the biggest jerk on MD?  Who was just a punk?

I’ll start by nominating Darkman.  He’d arrange a guild deal, get the other guild’s check, then RUN to deposit it and QUIT before ever handing the stock over.

Belly also had to do the old Q3 with Historian harassing his every step using his clan powers.  He’d turn himself into an eagle, track me, swoop down and attack at the worst (for me) possible moment, then fly away to repeat it in 5 or 10 minutes.

Posted: 02 March 2008 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

My vote for biggest jerk would have to be Foray/Genjuro/Alithras.  I don’t think any one person has been hated more in MD history, and over such an extended period of time.  He was hated by damn near everybody, players and wizards alike. 

Even though you may like him now, I’ll bet that there was a time when you didn’t (newbs don’t count). wink

Heh, it’s funny that Belly brought up Historian and his sect powers.  This guy would dedicate entire boots to making your life miserable.  I remember when Jarlaxle would be trying to attempt to do quest 4 (today’s quest 6), and Historian would just sit at the keyboard and vine him all day.  Absolutely pathetic dexterity = no quest done.  smile

Ahh, good times.

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 02 March 2008 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-11-18

Hmm biggest jerk? can we nominate wizards?
I would say the meanest thing that anyone had ever done to me was
abbot gagging me, (and only me!) when we (saruman and me) where making fun of him on shout
(he was idle though! :() so anyways, i logged out and went on my other character to talk to him and he gagged me again and shouted “log on more and lets see” then he teleported to me and said “didnt you want to talk to me about something?” and then he said “your really quiet today.. i guess you dont wanna talk” and teleported away!! >_<
then he FORGOT to ungag tyr! omg! lol.. so she was left gagged for a week coz abbot was busy

Etonix would randomly ambush me for fun (usually arms) though once he brought my barb to ns body, while he and tarm took turns ambushing my air elemental the first few times i got it with my druid >_< and tarm actually killed it the first time i got it too… so i only got to use it against 1 npc…
i was telling everyone how i had an air elemental then Raul comes along and ns’s its body and runs away, laughing at me on tells? then he hits it again as i walk by him and it dies! :(

Signature 

“Moonlight shines on the innocent and guilty alike.”

Posted: 02 March 2008 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-11-05

Jerry Fakkin’ Garcia.  Ambi female elf thief that would invariably have a black short sword that’d get caught in your throat.

Posted: 02 March 2008 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-02

Died to that bastard once.  Him and Rose, curse/slit combo.  I later returned the favor in the Rogue sect tribunal hall.

Signature 

Posted: 03 March 2008 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

Lucky and his random walls.. and all the copy cats to follow
Dark and his fireballing numbs or bringing hellbender in and letting him lose in numbs when numbs was more of a lounge then the lounge was.

Posted: 03 March 2008 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-02

Remember Flash and how he used to subdue Puff and leave him in Vesla?  Woo!

Signature 

Posted: 06 March 2008 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-11-24

Paladine.  Not the biggest or baddest PKer of the old, old, incredibly old school game, but easily the worst bully of the lot.  Unlike a lot of other PKers, who were “most dangerous game” sorts you could almost respect, Paladine went with quantity over quality; while doing quests he’d stop to snuff an entire party of newbies on their way to the sewers.  Then he’d send tells taunting them for being so easy to kill.

He only really calmed down when every active cleric agreed not to heal him, or anyone who partied with him, or anybody who worked at the same guild as him, for any amount of money or equipment, until he mended his ways.  (In those pre-food, pre-elixir, days, clerics were the weakest class in combat, but boy did you want them to be your friends.)

Posted: 07 March 2008 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

yup, Paladine was an ass, thats why he got my vote for most annoying becuase kurgen and I had nooo problem killing him… over.. and over.. and over again

Posted: 07 March 2008 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2007-11-05

i dunno, i always liked foray/genjuro

Lime was always an ass though

Posted: 14 March 2009 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-11-22
Gogo - 07 March 2008 05:18 AM

i dunno, i always liked foray/genjuro

Lime was always an ass though

hehe i always liked you too, Gogo!

And there were other non-hawaiian players that I always respected and never bothered, nor was a “jerk” to.

For instance:

Belegost
Jaina
Gogo

Umm…

well, I have a long list, I just dont have time to write them all here. lazy. raspberry

Signature 

Alithras Moonson is gonna rip your guts. <666>

Posted: 14 March 2009 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-06-15

Can I nominate myself?

I remember a long time ago I claimed Maharet was lying about having cancer and I threatened to kill her over and over until she openly admitted the lie. I eventually met her IRL and saw it for myself and we ended up being friends for quite a while. She was actually the original driving force for me to visit MN the first time.

That’s the real trick, knowing who’s lying and who isn’t. Pretty tough on a text-based game...well anywhere for that matter.

Anon

Posted: 16 March 2009 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-02

GOT-DAM!  And I thought I was a dick for killing Hematite/Kyosuke while he was using a laptop in his hospital bed after a major operation. 

Anon wins hands down. smile

Signature 

Posted: 16 March 2009 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-11-08

Well Genjuro has caused me a good deal of personal irritation when he used to wait for me to kill Vinson even though he was more capable than me just so he could steal the cloisonne from me instead, but overall I wouldn’t say he’s the biggest jerk.

Also Dagda killed me about 8 times when I first started playing because of the players that brought me into the game, but then, they WERE dicks, so it is what it is.  She also killed me about 5 minutes after I classed, back when classing was more than the result of 2 boots of playing.  Note to new newbies: try classing when it’s open season on pking newbs, you need Above Average in primary stat and Average in secondary, deaths are harsher, and there are 20 newbies fighting over 4 total newbie areas.

Of course there’s Eto, irritating just for being Eto, but not a jerk.

And of course there’s LL for arguably the biggest dick move in MD history with the whole thing with Genjuro.

I do like your list though, Spence, of people you weren’t a jerk to:  Belly, Gogo, and Jaina.  Really hard people to get along with, there…
LOL

Posted: 17 March 2009 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-11-22

LOL…

Hey no hard feelings Big mack truck deisel…

Thief is by far the most fun class to play. (Think I posted that b4 in another thread here.)

And yeah...the good ol days. MD has become soft becuz the wizards want the player base to increase, not decrease.

Newbiehood aint what it used ta be! Remember the Ebon Dagger from Flea Market? *POKE*

This story is related in this thread, “biggest jerk”

“Someone” was doing q6. (I forget who.) That someone gathered a war party, shouted before hand he/she was attempting the quest, and to leave the items alone.

DMX and I were playing/partying (I was Genjuro) and I felt like being the BIGGEST JERK for that boot.

I stole the parchment and kept it in my thief toolkit.

Abbot (invis) tells you: “boy, you sure got those guys running around like chickens without heads”

You tell Abbot: “What you talkin about?”

Abbot tells you: “that parchment in your kit, thats what im talkin about”

I tell DMX over the game what I did and what abbot said by cutting and pasting our responses, DMX called me up in RL and was cracking up SO HARD he said he nearly pissed his pants. He kept saying, “you’re such a dickhead spence!” HAHAHAHA! he couldnt continue playing, and DMX and I kept laughing at these guys running around looking for the parchment.

However...I did gaze the quester later on in the boot and that person was in the maze; exa toolkit revealed the parchment was still there, so i think that person had some divine intervention on his side. *grin*

Regardless, that, and stealing the ambi ring from Deisel EVERY TIME was just way too cool. smile

Signature 

Alithras Moonson is gonna rip your guts. <666>

Posted: 17 March 2009 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Cool Story smile But in responce to the divine intervention, I have seen it where some items will spawn twice in a boot.  not sure if that is the case here or not, but it may have happened.

I also recall the old newbie days where it was a race fromwhen you created your char to get eq before someone took you out foryour 100 silver.  Of course back then you could also process a few corpses and make your money back....usually the first corpse you processed was your own smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

1 of 2