System Clock Issues and Reboot
Posted: 25 May 2011 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2007-11-06

Currently there have been problems with reboots being off and occasional crashes.

Lilu believes both of these problems might be due to the battery in the system clock going bad. It is my hope that he will resolve this issue soon altho I have been given no specific date as to when it might be replaced.

Until then be very aware that things will probably be stable most of the time, but that everything in <help crash> (or is it <help crashes>) applies.

If there is a crash please do not ask for wizboosts… wizboosts are a gift from wizards and asking for a gift takes the gift part out of it. We realize it is hard on everyone when a crash or reboot issue occurs and we will be doing what we can to keep everything running smoothly and keep you guys from being hindered. Our goal is to keep your playing experience fun and we will continue doing our best to make that happen in the case of a crash.

Thanks!

Posted: 26 May 2011 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2007-11-21

Any news on what’s going on?  I saw we were up and running this morning early (7am EST) but when I got to work at 830am it was down again.

Hope this isn’t the end of MD.

Posted: 26 May 2011 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-21

Also, forgive my computer hardware ignorance, but what is entailed in fixing a server battery?  I have extra AAA Duracells lying around the house!

Posted: 31 May 2011 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2007-11-06

The good news: Lilu has ordered a new system and should get it by the middle of June! We will be running faster and cleaner than ever, so who knows, maybe it’ll help us get rid of some of these long term bug issues we’ve had with processing limits!

The bad news: We’ve been crashing more often lately. It has been really unpredictable, we just go down at random odd times, then we have a few solid boots again to give us that sense of security and then BAM we get hit again. Hang in there guys, in a couple more weeks we’ll be smoking again, so don’t take MD off your list even tho it is rough right now.

Thanks Lilu for keeping us going!
Ab

Posted: 06 June 2011 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-21

Any word on the current situation?  Appears MD has been down all weekend and continues to be down.

Posted: 06 June 2011 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-11-05

This was posted by Lilu on the MD Facebook page.

“The server has been crashing more frequently, so I have shut down the mud temporarily to avoid players impacted by the crashes and to take some load off the server. Rest assured, we are working on a fix. A new server has been ordered, and we should have it by the 16th. In the mean time, we are working on setting up a temporary server. With any luck, the new server will arrive ahead of schedule and will fix all the problems—and provide the best platform we’ve ever had.”

Posted: 07 June 2011 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-21

Where is the MD Facebook page?  I searched under Moral Decay and didn’t find anything that looked right.

Posted: 07 June 2011 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-21

Nevermind, found it.  Wierd that a search for “Moral Decay” didn’t reveal the FB page, but “Moral Decay Mud” search did located the actual FB page, which is “Moral Decay LPMUD” for those who haven’t found it yet.

Posted: 08 June 2011 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-11-05

If you’re and active player, just friend another active player or wizard on fb and we’ll get you into the secret md fb page. I’ll even teach you the secret handshake.

‹‹ Mud Down?      Website address, listings, etc ››