1 of 3
Brett Favre/GB
Posted: 05 March 2008 07:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

Lets see if he sticks to it… i think he will.. now… can Rodgers.. who was expected to go to the niners and slipped way down the draft.. fill Favres shoes?

Posted: 05 March 2008 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

i liked rodgers a whole lot better than smith when he was at cal.  i think he’ll do fine

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 06 March 2008 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

I did too, and i thought for sure niners where going to take rodgers but i guess the scouts didnt like what they saw in the combine and private workouts

Posted: 07 March 2008 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2007-11-05

crybaby.....

he’ll be back in two years.

Posted: 07 March 2008 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23
Gogo - 07 March 2008 09:33 AM

crybaby....

hahaha

Posted: 09 March 2008 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-11-22

GB wont win another SB for another 30 years now

Signature 

Alithras Moonson is gonna rip your guts. <666>

Posted: 10 March 2008 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

true that

Posted: 11 July 2008 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-02-04

I can’t stand Favre.  For those not following, it now appears that his “itch” has been confirmed as a combination of crabs and poison ivy as he wants back in the league for sure.  GB doesn’t really want him, so he wants to be released so he can play for any team he wants to.

And this pisses me off on so many levels.
Firstly, I still respect him as a quarterback.  He made the “gunslinger” mentality work and was an icon of the sport for so many years.  However, he has been overrated as I don’t like that playing style at all.  Thinking he’s a god and can throw a ball anywhere he wants - into any coverage with any receiver.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.  And for someone of his status, unless he has a season where he throws 30 picks or so (2007 I think), the mishaps are always ignored for the rest of his glory.

Secondly, it is incomprehensible to think that he would put himself above the organization he played for for so many years.  The organization that made him into what he is, and what he continued to do to keep them relevant.  That however is NO excuse for him to hold the Packers hostage for now the 3rd (I think) offseason in a row about his inability to decide to retire.  Too many people nowadays have trouble walking away from the game they love (happens in every sport), and they continue to play long after retiring and ruin their stats, look like crap, and sign with a shitty team just because they think they can do what they can’t anymore.  Favre ruined GB’s offseason in previous years because they had to go into back to back drafts not knowing his status - therefore being unable to accurately ascertain their needs.  And like I said, nobody should put themselves above the organization like that.

Now Favre wants to come back and play for another team?  I can’t stand how greedy and selfish players are in today’s society.  He played for the Packers for so many years, and he should retire as one.  (Those “one-day” contracts so players can retire wearing their old uniform are complete horsesh*t, and don’t even get me started on that.) Play for where you made yourself who you are.  Fans love you, team loves you, organization loves you.  And they support you and allow you to be a retard as Favre has done the past few years.  He retired, so be it, retire.  Now he’s coming back and they don’t want him back.  Well I say kudos to the Packers for sticking it to Favre.  I hope he signs somewhere else, and gets sacked in a preseason game, suffers a concussion or season ending injury, and is forced to retire on those terms.  Because clearly that’s the only hint he’ll take to gtfo of the league.

As I’ve said to my friends for years ever since the retirement fiasco started with Favre years ago, my opinion of him has been forever tarnished, and I’ll always remember him for the selfish jack*ss that he is, not the decent overrated quarterback that he was.

Posted: 11 July 2008 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

Any bets as to where he’ll play next?  ESPN had four options: Minnesota (which I think is absolutely hilarious), Chicago, Washington, or Tampa Bay. 

I’ve got Baltimore.  Who do you have?

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 14 July 2008 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

Tampa Bay if they give him the release.  Gruden loves some old quarterbacks.  Look at what he did with Rich Gannon back in Oakland.  Tampa Bay with a good quarterback could do some damage.  If I were the Packers though I wouldn’t release him to a NFC Team.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 14 July 2008 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

umm its really hard to say.. I dont think he has much left in him.. and i dont know who is that desprete for a qb.. is farve looking for money? or a ring? cause i dont think he will get on a team that has a chance at getting a ring… ill have to look into it and get back to you smile

Posted: 30 July 2008 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

haha...this gong show should stay retired.  He’s showing up to camp on Wednesday I think they said.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 30 July 2008 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

might.. the packers prez flew to his house in mississippi to ask him not to show up for camp till they can figure out what they are doing

Posted: 30 July 2008 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

When did that happen?  Last night on the sports show theysaid he would be at camp wednesday and that his re-instatement papers were officially filed now.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 30 July 2008 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

i read they got faxed.. the prez flew out yesterday i think

Posted: 07 August 2008 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS