1 of 2
Hockey
Posted: 06 March 2008 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

Wheres all the Hockey lovers? We used to have a bunch, but that was like.. 4 years ago.. Tarmon and I would talk alot of smack.. i miss mr. ratman

Posted: 06 March 2008 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-02-04

I was actually just thinking about posting a similar thread.  Hockey is my sport of choice, and I am a diehard Rangers fan.  And I’m happy to report that the Rangers just dispatched of the Potvin-loving doucheba… Islanders.  Woot.

Posted: 06 March 2008 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

I live in Hawaii.  Only tonsil hockey here.

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 07 March 2008 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

hmm.. i dont have any tonsils.. no hockey for me then

I really get into hockey during the playoffs.. thats when everything gets really intense..

Posted: 07 March 2008 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

I like that kid, Sidney Crosby.  He’s somethin’ special.

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 31 March 2008 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Wooo...Mr. Ratboy is back on the hockey Smack talk.

Rangers...are those the chumps that will be ditched in the first round...by any body they face...I thought so.

lynis, you still a kings fan?  Is so, things are looking good for ya if you start at the bottom smile

Say what you want about my team, the Edmonton Oilers, soon to be playoff spoilers!  Even if they don’t make the playoffs, this team has no where to go but up smile

Hoax...tonsil hockey?  I bet you block a lot shots with those tonsils smile

Let the smack talk commence, but keep it friendly smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 31 March 2008 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2007-11-21

A hockey thread?  Ugh… I guess it’s not as lame as a soccer thread.  I’d rather be forced to watch American Idol…

Posted: 31 March 2008 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

American idol ranks right up there with american football.  Still haven’t found the point of either smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 01 April 2008 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

whoa now.. keep the football bashing (both american and soccer) out of here…
thank you… contnue

yea the kings really have no where to go but up.. what a horrible year.. but on the bright side.. 3 of the teams locked in a playoff spot a week ago from the pacific divison.. that has to say something about what they were up against.

look at the south east divison.. that whole divison should be ashamed ... tampa and atl are competing with the kings for worst team in the NHL.. and then the divison leader.. carloina only has 90 points… the pacific 3rd place team has 93

and wtf is wrong with buffalo??

btw this time of year the last i dont know 5 years i have jumped ship and become a Shark or Duck fan.. heh

Posted: 01 April 2008 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Wow, have you gone down hill or just band wagon jumping?  Stick with the kings man, soon as they find a real coach and stop giving up on thier good goalies (thanks for Garon btw Kings organization) they should be a decent team.  They have some pretty good talents coming up.

The sharks and the ducks?  The sharks may have a chance this year to go to the final, ift hey choke as per usual, I expect that team will be dismantled a bit.  The ducks are not what they were last year and there are too many teams who improved this year that I don;t expect the ducks to be in the final.  But you never know, the playoffs are a completely different style of play and they may get it together.

Yeah, the South East is a joke, but you look at the division Detroit is in and it’s a joke too.  Detroit gets so many easy points against the likes of Chicago, St.Louis and Columbus.

As for the tuffest division, I would say the North West is.  4 teams currently in the playoffs with the 5th (sadly my team) 3 points out of 7th.

I can’t wait for a more balanced schedule.  2010 I hear is when the balance schedule should be in, but it may be 84 games.

Signature 

Posted: 01 April 2008 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

I cant cheer for a team golfing… i hate golf

I wanna see Ducks vs Stars playoff matchup.. that will be a great series.. .and i hate the stars… playoffs are a completely different style of hockey.. i love the playoffs, i dont watch much hockey till this time of year.

true about the central… but that just brings up the point.. but at the same time just shows how bad carolina and washington are for lacking in points with the 3 worst teams in the eastern conference

yea northwest is pretty tight right now.. wish someone would knock colorado down a peg or 2

what are they gonna do to the schedule? hockey plays so many games.. thats one thing i like about football

Posted: 01 April 2008 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I think a Minny\Anaheim series would be great.  Minny stocked up on a huge amout of tuffness this year for teams like Anaheim.

Yeah, sucks cheeringfor a bad team, but I have cheered for the Devils for years and look at them now smile I was also a kings fan before Grektzy was traded there.  I still followthem, just not as closely as I used to.

I will say this though, that if Edmonton Makes the playoffs, I feel sorry for the first team they play cause we will knock them out.  We are the hottest team in the last 20 games or so.  Just wish it was the last 40 smile

Schedule is gonna be more balanced.  I think it will break down something like - 6 game against your division, 3 games against the other 10 teams in your conference, and 2 games against the other conference for 84 games.  They will also reduce the number of pre-season games to a max of 5.  Wish it was in place next year, but I can handle one moreseason of this schedule if I know it will be fixed correctly.  Of course, this will get screwed up if the league expands again, but I think that is a ways away and they should fix the markets that are not doing well first.

Signature 

Posted: 01 April 2008 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-02-04

Umm, there’s NO WAY Edmonton has been the hottest team over the last 20 or so games.  That is easily San Jose.  In their last 19 games, they have only lost twice, and both were in OT/SO.  That’s 36 points out of a possible 38.  Granted, Edmonton has been playing well over their last 18 games winning 13 of them.  But that is nowhere near as good as the Sharks.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

Posted: 01 April 2008 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

No bubble is burst here, San jose last two loses were to....that’s right, Edmonton.

San jose will be happy ifthey don;t have to face them in the playoffs, they may have a chance of going someplace that doesn’t contain 18 holes smile

Signature 

Posted: 01 April 2008 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

oilers need to first focus on GETTING to the playoffs smile

Posted: 01 April 2008 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

yeah well that came to a crashing end tonight.  Mathematically eliminated by the Red Heathens.

But I have to give them credit, 13 points out of the playoffs and looking like they gave anaheim a lottery pick to being tied for 8th place a few days ago.  Ran out time, ran out of games.

I hope Mr. Lowe signs the ones who worked this year and we trade torres and one of reaser or stoll.

Next year we gonna crush you all smile I almost sounded like a dolphins fan there smile

Signature 

1 of 2