2 of 2
Hockey
Posted: 02 April 2008 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

umm u sure that was Anaheim? they have been 4th for like the last month it seems.. 4th = 1st non div leader

i dont see them ever tied with the likes of the oilers.. but the oilers did turn it around this season.. just too late

Posted: 02 April 2008 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Not sure if I understood your qwuestion Lynis.  I never said Oilers were tied with Anaheim, I said the oilers were not giving a lottery pick to anaheim.

Because Edmonton signed Dustin Penner from the Ducks, the ducks get the Oilers 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounf draft picks this year.  Brian burke didn’t trade it at the deadline cause he thought he was getting a shot at Stamkos but now it looks like it will be in the 9th-11th place in stead.  And this draft year is not very deep.

On a side note, Oilers get anaheims first round draft pick this year forthem winning the cup last year.  So i’ll be cheering against anaheim smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 04 April 2008 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Now that the final teams are almost settled, any prediction on who is going to win from the east and west?

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 04 April 2008 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-02-04

I haven’t followed the West that much, but in the east I am looking mostly at Pittsburgh.  If they don’t crash and burn from their lack of experience, that team has the potential to win it all.  Just watching them play makes me think how dangerous they are anytime they have the puck.  If they buckle though, I’d look at Montreal.  With almost no hype, they are still battling for the #1 seed in the East.  And they have BY FAR the best power play in the league.

2 of 2