Seahawks and Shaun Alexander
Posted: 09 March 2008 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

The Seahawks picked up TJ Duckett and Julius Jones.  Does this mean Shaun Alexander is history?

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 10 March 2008 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

thats the rumor.. but nothing official yet.. did he really do that bad last year? id have to look it up but i dont remember him being great.. but better then th duckett and julius jones tho

Posted: 23 April 2008 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Mr Alexander was released.  Does he still have enough talent to get picked up by another team?

Maybe the dolphins will take him smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 23 April 2008 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

haha he will get picked up, maybe not for the money he wants, but someone will snag him… look for a team that already has a quick/agily RB to share time with

Posted: 23 April 2008 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

The man had one bad year.  Yes julius jones is a good running back but TJ “The human bowling ball” duckett blows!  Maybe the Jets will pick him up and not worry about the RB in the draft as much.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 23 April 2008 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

Ok maybe two btu the previous year he was injured.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 23 April 2008 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-02-04

I never liked Shaun Alexander.  I even had him on my fantasy team the year he won the MVP (I also had LT the next year when he won the MVP - lucky me smile), and in the few games I could watch him on TV, I was definitely not impressed with him.  His running style was just piss-poor.  He avoids ALL contact, which is something a running back simply cannot do.  The holes were just opened so wide he was able to get through to the 2nd level before he had to start avoiding people.  But then that season he lost a couple offensive linemen, so the holes stopped being opened.  He goes down too easily.  He runs too much laterally, not enough “north-south”.  Will someone pick him up?  I guarantee it.  There is always at least one team in the NFL willing to take a chance on somebody who was once good under the age of 33.  Will he suck with that team?  Yes, I guarantee that as well.

Posted: 23 April 2008 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02

I agree with you, Unforgiven.  If you take a look at the film from his MVP year, he had Hutchinson blocking for him the whole time.  Hutchinson is a BEAST.  After he (Hutchinson) went to the Vikes, Alexander’s numbers dwindled significantly.  I especially liked when he was about 9 yards shy of the rushing title that year and Holmgren pulled him.  I laughed my ass off.

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

‹‹ Hockey      Final Four ››