1 of 3
Fighters
Posted: 21 March 2008 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

Special attacks: Great Idea.. but, wish we had more control over it.. I can go through a long fight and have my specials never go off.  And sometimes only once or twice.  I know its based on what special you are useing, like daggerfalls go off like crazy I never have mana with Daggerfalls.  I just wish other skills went off half as much.  special when I concentrate, specials should be going off like crazy id think.

Parry/Ripost:  Id like to see this usable even when not useing a shield, you can parry just fine and counter with a 2h or 2, 1h weapons.  But i also think you should get a huge bonus for doing it with a shield (also see shield post).

Weapon skills: I think we should raise all skills a couple levels higher then everyone else, and the specialty even a couple more… plus letting us train the askills to take them even higher.. i would think this would help some with damage output and make us more inclinde to use shields.

Battlecry: let you lift/carry more, also, haveing a couple diffrent battlecrys, maybe one will demorilize the enamy making them hit less and get hit easier, another that stuns/makes targets flee.. maybe one that raises stats for everyone in the party (similar to group tactics but battlecry)

Stances: Defense, Offence, Balance (any others?)

and i could defently go off on sub classes like, paladin, ranger, ect
but not now

Posted: 21 March 2008 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2007-11-05

change it up a little, fighter is sooooooo boring.  Its like being an adventurer.

how bout some postures with attack or defensive bonuses.

Posted: 21 March 2008 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

fighter is really boring, becuaes its based off of waiting for specials to go off.. all you really have to do is battlecry.. and even that is taken away with the leggings from the white dragon on that fighter scroll

Posted: 21 March 2008 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2007-11-21

Lynis, are you saying you want Abbot to take out the Legendary Leggings and Belly to take out the fighter scroll?

Posted: 21 March 2008 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

Shut it!!! Leave the scroll task alone.....

Fighters do seen a little boring.  Seems like cleric with no fun stuff.

Wait wait forget this line of thought clerics need work first…

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 22 March 2008 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

naa just the bo staff raspberry

im just saying.. battle cry is one of the only things i have to type that other classes dont..  battle cry and group tactics.. otherwise all i do is kill and drink..

Posted: 25 March 2008 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

Kill and drink sounds like a good combomation to drink.  As a barb I all do is kill, rage, drink, munch.

Sounds ideal to me, once less thing I have to mistype.

Signature 

Posted: 25 March 2008 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

dont forget zerk! and blood

Posted: 25 March 2008 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

Zerk gets me killed...and yeah I forgot about blood....which I tend to do a lot when I play Barb.  Might explain my deaths as well

Signature 

Posted: 26 March 2008 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-11-18
Heimdall - 25 March 2008 05:56 AM

Zerk gets me killed...and yeah I forgot about blood....which I tend to do a lot when I play Barb.  Might explain my deaths as well

hehe zerk doesnt get you killed if you got wines/milk/bread/alc/jerky on you… what gets you killed is still being strapped to your wagon and your zerking lol

Signature 

“Moonlight shines on the innocent and guilty alike.”

Posted: 27 March 2008 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

I saw abbot send me a tell before i came running back to work.. he said somthing about defensive specials.. while we do need to focus on offense, it would be nice to customize our defense.. which would probably fall under stances.. taking up a stance to battle a caster.. being more prepapred to dodge or block incoming spells.. ect

but i would rather focus on the offense

Posted: 27 March 2008 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

Being able to set specific stances vs. attacks would be good.

You gusy are supposed to be tanks so added some defensive features would be cool…
Especially if they were sorta trained like the offensive skills.  Would give the fighters something totally seperate from other classes.  Maybe the stances could be based or affected by the weapon that you are wielding or increasd with a shield...provided a shield bash was added to make up for the lack of offense. 

If you want soem offense go for the 2handed weapon in one hand angle.  Would certainly improve offense but you would have to have a shield to counterbalance to weight.

Signature 

Posted: 28 March 2008 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

I would like to see a fighter only piece of eq called the cod piece.  It just aint right to be running around like a tank with your dangly bits showing.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 02 April 2008 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

soo after watching fighters drop like flys tonight to system.. a skill i was thinking of for a fighter is call contain.. which, like some npcs, the fighter does not let his target leave, blocking his exit.. pulling him back.. knocking him down so they cant leave…

Posted: 03 April 2008 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

That would be a decent skill, similar to block or guard or whatever that ability is.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 06 May 2008 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

How about and improved inspect at higher levels, where its just like the weapon master.. maybe the higher int the more the fighter will know about the weapon.. or int/weapon skill would make sense too

1 of 3

‹‹ Fighters Shields      Demonologist ››