2 of 3
Fighters
Posted: 06 May 2008 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

I think that would be cool.  The fighter would be able to see some specifics the higher the int.  With “max” int the fighter would jsut about get the info a wiz gets when he/she looks at a wep.

Not bad idea…

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 17 December 2008 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

i agree with hemi, and if its possible base it on your skill in the weapon also.. thatway.. a weaponmaster really is a weaponmaster… not like the ones in the game that drop easy but know more about weapons then i do

on another note and the reason to come back to this forum… I was thinking about how nice it would be for fighters (and i guess clerics too) to get some kind of high ac tunic type armor.. like a chain tunic or somthing that only people spose to were high ac can wear… and id never complain about special bonus propertys

Posted: 19 December 2008 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

another fighter idea… image that

higher specialty skill.. but only AFTER you fully max out weapon mastery and all your skills, they your specialty can go higher… but its hard to raise that skill… take away the fighter skill training bonus… maybe double the training form the last rasie.. then double that for the next raise.. then double that.. ect… so in theary you could raise your specialty to godlike (which i think fighters should be, atleast the bestest ones(not the lunging ones!)) but its very unlikly to get godlike anytime soon, maybe 5-6 years of hard playing with just that specialty? anyways the timelines are just gestmations, but you get the big leaps in amount needed to train, specially without the fighter skill that makes training easier.. the way im thinking.. i dont think we would see anyone with there specialty higher the wonderful in the next couple of years… anyways just another thought

oh ya, dont foget about a real inspect!!!!! maybe take out improved parry for real inspect? i just think its silly i cant compare a axe to a sword in the first place, we should be about to compare if we like, but inspect should be a solo thing.

Posted: 05 January 2009 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Tested shields again,
they still suck

That is all

Posted: 06 January 2009 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

FIGHTER BASH!

At least it sounds good…

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 06 January 2009 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Lynis says shields suck....probably User error smile

Unless shields have changed drastically in the last 8 years(or when ever it was I last played) They would still be sucking,....I blame weapon specialization for killing 1h swords and shields.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 07 January 2009 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

BAH long reply lost for some reason, in short
i used shield, didnt die, but took way to long to kill anything

ideas
let shield block special attacks (like bellys nightbane area.. i think it says armor helps, if it really does, ill never know smile it might be one of his cleaver tricks:))
make shield a 1h club type (possibly fighter only) not high WC
parry makes me think of using your weapon to defend and attack, shields block an attack
with that being said, parry should work with weapons(but doesnt work as much as it works now) and add block when useing a shield.. maybe have a way to adjust how much you want to block verus attack since i would assume blocking would take away from an offhand attack slot.. something like that, dont know if its possible, but thats my ideas in short

Posted: 17 January 2009 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-11-22

Shields don’t suck.

Galraith totally believes in using a shield.

Quote of the day: “Real fighters don’t use shields...”

Signature 

Alithras Moonson is gonna rip your guts. <666>

Posted: 25 January 2009 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

FYI: I’ve been thinking about you Fighter-types lately . . .

I might even get a small list of Thoughts together in the next week or so.

Posted: 26 January 2009 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

wooo woooooooooooooo
Cant wait to here your ideas/list

Posted: 28 January 2009 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

We have always had two kinds of Fighters on the game (in terms of Players): those who go for the big, 2h and just power over their opponents (think Caramon from Dragonlance), and then those who go for a more calm and skilled approach (think Sturm).

I’m almost thinking of making Fighter skills learnable like Mage spells. Each Fighter would have X skill-slots, even though there are Y total skills. This would let Players pick and choose whether they wanted a high-accuracy skill or a higher-damage skill.

Or I can just make all of the skills available, and let Players pick and choose what they happen to use on a given day, in a given situation.

Which do you prefer? Or do you have a better idea of how to handle skills vs play-style?

Posted: 29 January 2009 04:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

hmm interesting
im torn.. while i like the idea of boosting my specialty.. i also like being able to pick up any weapon and use it.. the only issue with that right now is the specials.. some specials are 2-3 times better then others.. which is why you dont see people useing much else besides 2h swords.  (that and belly makes the sicks 2h swords ever).... chit gotta go.. ill finish later

Posted: 29 January 2009 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

As you consider my above query, note that the Specials that fights now have will most likely either go away entirely or be reduced in effectiveness/ power across the board - all in lieu of more powerful, command-driven special attacks (ala old Bladedance). With the exception of Special forms, everything else currently under ‘fhelp skills’ will remain.

So back to the above query: specialization or general skill sets?

Posted: 29 January 2009 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

the more i think about it.. the more i like the idea of it being similar to mages.. as long as switching specialties isnt has painfull as it is now.. giving a fighter the option to switch up his skills/weapon of choice… but ether way.. i am all for some command-driven special attacks

Posted: 29 January 2009 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

I liked the old fighter beforethe weapon specials.  I hated the fact as a fighter I had to worry if I had enough mana for my specials to go off that sucked anyway for my weapon special.

Instead of specific specials for each weapon, a command driven general class would be better I think.  Forexample have blade dance for bladed weps, Over had swing or drum roll for blunt and then perhaps a new one forthose who like to wield one of each called the chopping block where you use your blunt wep to the meat in place and the bladed wep to hack through it smile

Again, having the ability to maybe only select 2 of the 3 still leaves playability without being forced to use stuff that sucks smile

This type of stuff can be done for parry, riposte, lunge and the dreaded shield users.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

2 of 3

‹‹ Fighters Shields      Demonologist ››