Candera
Posted: 02 April 2008 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

It pained me to see an Indel Thread and no Candera one.

So feel free to post your favorite things about Candera, cool memories, embarassing moments and whatever else crosses your mind about this great city.,

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 02 April 2008 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

Candera sucks… like the Oilers
The end

hehe i kid i kid, its the drugs.. i swear!

i remember rideing camels all the time…
its the only city that has NPC’s that actually picks on newbies
I wouldnt mind seeing the highs gear get tweaked slightly.. nothin major just a few wc/ac here or there.. and if ya want make the highs a little harder (none of that statement applies to the high monk fyi)
speaking of the high monk.. he is a Fighter killer.. i have never seen so many fighters die to one NPC 19 - aristo
Behr and Crunch.. while annoying (also like the high monks stuiped tells) were good fun

Posted: 03 April 2008 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

yeah, Candera is not very nice to newbies.  Means thieves rob them blind, crazy mages try to take them out, scorpions who attack cause you have no foot gear, Orc raids, and many more nasty surprises smile

One thing about Candera, It doesn’t play favorites, it’s mean to everyone smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 03 April 2008 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-11-06

Having the huntlist message “Come get some” is always amusing when fighting Lord Candera’s cat....

Posted: 03 April 2008 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I love the newspaper when Lord Candera’s pet gets a kill.

<Insert Name> killed by Pussy

Signature 

Posted: 03 April 2008 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-11-05

Three events, memorable for me, happened in Candera:  I fought Shadow Death, Sir Rolan, and a halloween-special Jason Voorhees (he would die and get right back up) in Candera.

Posted: 06 April 2008 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-11-18

Umm embaressing things that happened in candera....

i was corpse running once (in zerk) and i killed like 5 of those merchant people who stand a few south of candera entrance… then the wandering npc mages took my corpses and turned them into zombies right as i typed “drag corpse into wagon” leaving me with only one corpse >_<

there was another time (corpse running with rhasta again) i got stung by a scorpion, got an antidote (drank it) , went out of the shop to find the scorpion (im pretty sure its the same one too!) waiting for me there and he poisoned me again..

the funniest thing that ever happened to me was once in the paper there was a
“<name> killed by thumper” where name was a newbie.. so i got really mad at eto
along with a few people… only to realize way later after i yelled at him for pking a newbie
(eto showed me) one of the hill giants that follows those 2 crazy wandering npc mages in
candera is named “thumper”
lol! hehe

yup its all i got.. smile

Signature 

“Moonlight shines on the innocent and guilty alike.”

Posted: 07 April 2008 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-11-06
Malal - 03 April 2008 12:20 PM

Three events, memorable for me, happened in Candera:  I fought Shadow Death, Sir Rolan, and a halloween-special Jason Voorhees (he would die and get right back up) in Candera.

I don’t recall Sir Rolan, but remember Shadow Death and Jason (was that not for a Friday 13th?).  I remember killing Jason and thinking “Phew! That was close” just before he ressurected himself.  I have a vague memory of Lycanthropy + Jason = Combat Spam City

And Shadow Death....*sigh*
One day he attacked me in Candera and he hurt me pretty bad.  So I run out of the city, chug down an alc and nip off to the bathroom while I heal up.  Of course, I didn’t realise at the time that Shadow Death would come out of Candera to hunt a player.  I return to “All you can do is PRAY”

Just typing that reminded me of something else - was there a big worm or something that would attack people idling outside Candera entrance?

I also remember corpse running on a lower level char and killing some npcs - of course, what I hadn’t realised was that city guards had been introduced to protect citizens (I think it was Paradeck in this instance).  The next corpse I ran to the processor with was my own.

Candera was also the scene of one of my many stupid moments....coming back to the game in ‘98, I didn’t know about the new necro skills and their need to make preserved corpses.  So, anyways, I find a preserved corpse at one of the High Priest spots, grab it and process it.  I think to myself “Wow - that corpse was worth a lot of silver!  Must go find some more”.  Minute later a shout of “Ok, who took the preserved corpse?!?”.  Fortunately, the necro took pity on this fool.

Posted: 07 April 2008 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

Someone mentioned those accursed sandworms.  I used to campfire and heal 1 ne of the canderan entrance, those soandworms put an end to that.  Candera was and is still one of my favorite spots to be.  For a seemingly “small” city it has a ton of goodies and some of the best equipment out there.

My favorite thing about candera was the rumor of secrets under the crypt.  I died a couple of times to that ever potent poison.

I used to love the rift when it would appear and you could sit in candera and go ape shit for an hour of two and have a blast. 

The High Monk did cause me some trouble over the years as well with his uncanny ability to land massacres and incredibly hard shots to the head.

Besides the obvious race to get the god weapons some of my other favorite canderan weapons ara:  Rod of Fire. baton. obsidian hammer, staff of rhakhim, blue laen staff(nothing like having that wielded on mistake), bone sword, crystal shard(slit!), and the old faithful loch axe from punk Faisal.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 07 April 2008 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

There are quite a few things I like\Liked about Candera.

All the goodies for multiple levels from newbie to aristo.
Also some specials forspecific classes.

I enjoyed Behr.  First time I killed him was amusing.  Took a few alc runs till he was beaten down then killed him with a glancing blow to the head....rather anti-climatic ending, but it was a kill smile I think I was with Aber on that one.

The citizens only lounge, great place to hang out where non Canderans can’t you.

Not to mention all the cool bad guys...Orc raids, wandering mages, Pussy, thief and kobold, the Brotherhood and many more.  Great city, glad I am overlord of it smile

Signature 

‹‹ Indel      Areas Collecting dust ››