(8) Boston Bruins vs. (1) Montreal Canadiens

(7) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

(6) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (3) Washington Capitals

(5) New York Rangers vs. (4) New Jersey Devils

(8) Nashville Predators vs. (1) Detroit Red Wings

(7) Calgary Flames vs. (2) San Jose Sharks

(6) Colorado Avalanche vs. (3) Minnesota Wild

(5) Dallas Stars vs. (4) Anaheim Ducks

Stars vs Ducks will be the best series to watch… i think Flames vs Sharks will be good also

who is everyone else picking to win?

Posted: 08 April 2008 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

(8) Boston Bruins vs. (1) Montreal Canadiens

(7) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

(6) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (3) Washington Capitals

(5) New York Rangers vs. (4) New Jersey Devils

(8) Nashville Predators vs. (1) Detroit Red Wings

(7) Calgary Flames vs. (2) San Jose Sharks

(6) Colorado Avalanche vs. (3) Minnesota Wild

(5) Dallas Stars vs. (4) Anaheim Ducks

The Dallas Anaheim series should be good, but I think the Philly washington series will be fun to watch.  On paper, Calgary doesn’t stand much of a chance, look to them to try to fight thier way through the series.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 10 April 2008 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

wow, Surprised Calgary and the Rangers both won last night.

Tonights Deteroit Nashville gameshould be a good one.  So will the washington Philly game.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 10 April 2008 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

I tolda ya the Flames/ Sharks will be a good one.. and the next game is going to be even better, very very intense game did you see it? the last 3 mins of the game was non stock action, its funny i was thinking, hockey speeds up and gets more intense at the end of a close game.. basketball slows down because all they do is foul, freethrow.. foul.. freethrow..

I hope “deteroit"(hehe)/Nashville will be good.. but i think Detroit is going dominate that series… philly and Washington should be good… but i think the best series is going to be ducks/stars.. my roomate is a hardcore stars fan.. so its gonna be a fun house hold this week.. he thinks the ducks are gonna get sweeped.. hah foolish

Posted: 10 April 2008 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-02-04

Don’t sleep on the Rangers.  Not only did the beat the Devils 7 out of 8 times in the regular season - with that one loss coming in the last game of the season.  Yes they were all close games, and could have easily swung both ways, but something should be said for the ability to constantly win those close games.  And the Rangers are a very potent team.  Good line combinations were really the difference.  Once they were settled in right around the all-star break, they turned things around.  And as long as King Henrik continues to play well, they can certainly fly past the Devils as well as most other opponents.

I realize the same can be said for about every playoff team.  “If they are clicking on all cylinders, they are tough to beat.” And don’t let the score of that game fool you, it was very close.  It was 2-1 until 2:40 left in the 3rd period I think.  And the Devils are slightly overrated I’d say.  Too much history is playing into people’s minds - this team is not as good as it used to be.

Posted: 10 April 2008 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

I almost picked the rangers over the devils.. but the rangers are still cursed in my eyes, they have some shitty luck

Posted: 10 April 2008 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I flipped back and forth between games all night.  Behind the Oilers I cheers for the Devils and the Kings.  Been cheering for the Devils since they were basement dwellers and for the kings befire Grekzty got there smile

I watched NJ vs NY and the Colorado vs Minny game more than the the other two.  The devils were in that game until Brodeur had a brain fart for the 2-1 goal and Henrik robbed a few Devils when they were pressing.

I know the Rangers won 7 of 8 close games, but i’m hopeing the Devils pull a little playoff magic and beat them in 6.  Of course, having Gomez take it to his old team isn’t helping.  The devils problem is lack of scoring, has been all year.

I’ll probably watch the San Jose vs Calgary and the Montreal vs Boston games tonight.  I’ll flip over to the Detroit vs Nashville if the other is not holding my interest.

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2008 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Good wins by Detroit and Montreal.

For a country that prides itself on being a hockey man envirinment, can someone explain why I had to watch the end of the 1st round of the Masters instead of the first period of the Detroit vs Nashville.  Damn golf interfering with my Hockey!

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2008 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Wow, did the Sucks of anaheim ever get dominated last night.  Which I like to see smile

The Calgary vs San jose game was good from what I saw.  San jose took it to Calgayry and Nabokov robbed Nolan and Iggy in close.  sucked to see some of the penalties in the 2nd that went against Calgary, but it happens when a team is being out played in thier own end.

I have watched almost 13 hours of hockey in the last two days, and I still got 6 weeks to go!  I love spring smile

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2008 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

The words Hockey Freak come to mind...enjoy the peacefulness and warm weather of the Masters.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 11 April 2008 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

So Again I get screwed over by the masters....but at least I got to watch some of the Pittsburg vs ottawa game before I had to take my daughter to physio.

Actually, there was a great conspiracy to prevent me from watching any of the flyers vs Caps series.  First the Masters, then I take my daughter to her physio and I go looking for 1 item at the hardware store....well 40 minutes and two people later, i still don’t have the item...time to get my daughter from physio...and it runs late.  by the time i got home, i got to see the last 55 seconds of the game.

I did catch the last 3 or 4 minutes of the NYR vs NJ series though, and wow did the devils get screwed on that game....bad call on the devils, then they don;t call the one on the rangers...then they try called them for icing when they are on the penalty kill....the fix is in, NJ is not going any where cause the NHL figures more revenues if NYR move to the next round.

Let’s hope the minny colorado game is a good one or this night is a complete write off smile

Signature 

Posted: 12 April 2008 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

Min won, stocked, need them to do that 3 more times heh.. watching the nashville, detroit game as we speak.. the preds had the first goal but the net got pushed off a split sec before so no goal then det comes right back and scores.. so, its 1-0 atm.. i like the dominator but other then that i dont like the red wings

Posted: 12 April 2008 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Very high tempo first period so far.

I think Nashville’s goal should have counted, from the replay it looked like it was in before the net got bumped.

I wanna see detroit knock off nashville cause nashville pummeled the oilers all season smile

Signature 

Posted: 12 April 2008 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

god damn ducks… damn damn stuiped fucking ducks.. how the hell do you go from 2-2 to 5-2 like 6 mins.. man it makes me wanna put my head thro the screen… i hate the fucking stars.. and my roomate is lovin this shit

Posted: 13 April 2008 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

what is up with your station up there… verses has it on and sometimes they dont have the scoreline and all that at the top (or bottom) kinda annoying when it was nearing the end of the period and flames where down a man but not for the rest of the period but i couldnt tell when it would be up.. and they had a little small clock at the bottom of the screen, getto 70’s style picture of the clock in the arena haha get with the times you canucks!

Posted: 13 April 2008 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

When the TSN has a show run over they show the games on the alternate feed, however, the alternate feed is ona chennel my old TV down by my comp can’t get too.

If yourtalking about the CBC game tonight with Calgary and San jose, I have no idea what 70’s clock you are talking about.  The clock in the saddledome was stuck at 19:38 the whole first period though, maybe that is why they didn’t have the scoreline

Signature 

1 of 10