8 of 10
NHL Playoffs
Posted: 01 April 2009 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

ya.. but there are alot of ties in hockey that force OT you dont see that very often in basketball or baseball, no where near as often, and if they cant finish it in OT they go to shootouts.. its just a diffrent breed.. you dont wanna be like basketball or baseball anyways.. specially not baseball.. not a fan of ether of them sports.

hmmm tough call.. Boston and SJ both have the numbers in total points, and goals for and against… detroit has like 22 more goals then the next highest, which is boston.. who has 12 goals more then the next highest which is SJ and WAS… so detroit.. cept for boston.. has 34 more goals then SJ and WAS on the season.. thats just a retarted amount.. anyways.. we all know stats dont mean shit in the playoffs anyways.. and i havent seen enough games to make a predetion on whos gonna choke and who isnt.. but i think your pretty much right, DET,BOS,SJ… and the last spot is ties with NJ,WAS,PHI,CHI and maybe Vancover… thats just for the TOP 4 teams

What happen to PIT this year? they were so dominate last year… and NJ has a +/- goal of -9.. only other team slotted for the playoff atm with a - is NAS with -14 but they still might get knocked out pretty easy

Posted: 01 April 2009 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

But in Football at least when you have a tie...it’s the same amount of points per game as a win..which is 2.  I just think it would be more fair to make every game worth the same as these 3 point games really screw some teams over.

Goals for and against and I don;t really put much stock in.  For example detroit needed to score a lot more goals cause they never knew when they would be stricken with a goalie who couldn’t stop a beach ball.  I think Osgood has one of the most wins as goalie with a GAA over 3, or at least some hwerenear there.

NJ also didn’t have brodeur for 2/3 of the season, since he has come back I wonder if the numbers look better.

For as good as detroit is, the goalies there are suspect to collapse at the worst times.  I could see them being a first round upset.

I have no idea what happened to Pittsburg.  They had such a dominate team last year but I think they lost a lot to free agency and bad trades....they have done better since the coaching change though, which something Montreal can’t say.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 01 April 2009 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

Football doesnt have points, straight win/loss/tie.. and if there records are the same, then they go to which teams they beat and lost too.

yea.. like i say.. stats dont mean shit.. but its all i got to go by…

id like to see detroit get beat early

Posted: 01 April 2009 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

In the CFL we have points, I thought the NFL did as well.

I would like to see Detroit go out early for a number of reason...all of them vindictive:)

However, that would mean Anaheim, St.Louis or Nashville moved on and I don;t much care for either of those teams either:)

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 02 April 2009 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

GO DUCKS!

Posted: 02 April 2009 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I still think EDM will make it.  STL and Nashville will falter and we slip in on the last game smile

As for teams sucking...holy cow the Devils are in a Tailspin.  What the hell is going on with them I wonder.

Signature 

Posted: 02 April 2009 04:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

haha.. we will see.. oilers play SJ, VAN, and the flamesx2… the only easy win you have lined up is the kings.. the rest are gonna be a battle..

and the ducks have a rough last 4 games as well

the blue jackets are gonna be a pretty big deciding factor.. playing Nas, Min and STL in 3 of its last 5 games

as for NJ.. ya i saw Avery got in Bordeurs head a couple games ago

Posted: 02 April 2009 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

The oilers will Probably SJ, VAN and Cal both times but lose the LA game and miss the playoffs by 1 point.  I think no matter what happens though, MacT is gone at the end of the season.

Nashville has gotten a lot of injuries the last few weeks, I’m not sure they have any one left that can score.  It was nice to St. Louis lose last night, and it was doubly nice cause Chicago moved past Calgary and now Calgary no longer has home ice advantage smile

I’m getting pumped for tonights game.  I hope we kick thecrap out of San jose even if we can’t beat them on the score board smile

Signature 

Posted: 02 April 2009 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

haha yea.. i guess thats how it usally goes.. but on a good note, the kings win haha

yup.. alot of teams are battling hard now.. and going into the these last 5 games both VAN and the ducks are 8-2 in the last 10 games… thats the kind of momentem you want going into the playoffs

Posted: 02 April 2009 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Yeah, both of them have agreat momentum going and Calgary and Edmonton are going the other way.

Fricken alberta Teams.

Signature 

Posted: 03 April 2009 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

well… edmonton is going the other way atleast smile

looks like Van/Ducks game was a good game, wish i coulda saw it

Posted: 03 April 2009 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

The EDM vs SJ game was a good one actually, except for Horcoff giving the puck up at every chance.

I watched a bit of the Mtl vs NYI game and holy crap were the habs flying.  If they play like that in the playoffs I would hate to be the team playing against them, which at this point is boston I think.

I never watched the Van vs Ana game at all, never even saw highlights but it looked pretty high scoring.

How did LA lose to Phoenix? smile

Signature 

Posted: 03 April 2009 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

we are going for a better draft spot.. i think.. i donno heh.. are the startes playing? or golfing already.

Posted: 03 April 2009 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

They were playing as far as I know.  Maybe you guys are shooting for the Tavares pick smile

Hey, if you get achance look up Linus Omark.  This guy is aoiler propsect who scored a pretty sweet shootout the other day.  Very innovative way of doing it.  He also has a few high light packages on You-Tube.  He may not make much in the the North american game, but he has some pretty sweet skills.

Signature 

Posted: 03 April 2009 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

ill have to check him out…

big games tonight
Cal/Min
Nas/Chi

8 of 10