1 of 3
Funniest Deaths
Posted: 09 April 2008 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

or Embarrasing ones.

While posting on another thread I recalled the time I accidently killed Skin.

I was testing new barb and I said “Hey Skin, Check this out”

Then accidently typed “k skin” instead of “k man”.

I Think it was an extremely hard shot to skin’s head.  Either way, It was a one shot knock out smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 09 April 2008 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

Sigh...I have died to the naked man many moons ago on a corpse running expedition.

The most demoralizing recently is when I died to a Steroided-Up Cupid that Hoax had put out in V-day(no fault of Hoax’s...I think it was just buggy).  I should have realized soemthign was wrong with him when he was beating up other cupids and attacking Island Guards.  Two amazing shots to the head and I was out.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 09 April 2008 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-02-04

It was one of my first deaths.  I was climbing the tree in Exedoria, and I came to the top.  I read the description or found a sign, or whatever it was, something said not to jump.  So of course I jumped.  And died.  And to be honest, it was really amusing, so I did it again.  And that’s how I found out how it “bugged”.  Every 2 times I’d jump, it’d kill me, but not “kill me”.  I wouldn’t be able to pray, I’d still be standing there at the base of tree.  Except I’d have no limbs, not even a head of body.  I don’t remember how I fixed that, all I do remember is I proceeded to jump off that tree about 35 more times before I finally got bored.

I believe my absolute first death though was also kind of embarassing.  It was my first char (same one I later suicided off the tree with) and in discussing with my friend (now known as Anesthesia), we decided I should make it a druid.  But I was curious if my stats would let me class elsewhere, so I tried thief, and I classed.  Whoops.  So I was half walking back to the lounge, half reading new class skills and stuff, and before I even left the cemetary, Marek pk’ed me.  Double whoops.

Posted: 09 April 2008 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

Hilarious!! I love when you get “you have no head/body! What are you doing alive?” messages.  I haven’t had that luck in a long time.

I remember the days when to class a thief was to get instant death.  Or thieves made it a point to kill all the other thieves they could in fear that it was a 2nd coming to get them.

PS: and this post finally gave me “Aristo” posting status.

Signature 

Posted: 09 April 2008 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-04-04

I remember many moons ago Darkmaster subdued the dragon from q4 and brought it in to Numbs. He ordered it to attack a guy(happened to be my rl roommate at the time) and it destroyed all limbs and of course killed him in one hit. That was pretty cool to see.

Posted: 09 April 2008 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-11-18

umm… my most embaressing death was when i was playing tyr…

see i can the cyclops naked usually with tyr (or even pandar actually)..
so later i was fighting pasosan coz i wanted to get the emerald ring for a newbie and all of a sudden i get a very hard to my head and then a massacre.. and i died its like WT? a 100 exp NPC killed me and i have over lvl 26 con with my bless not to mention protection >_<

but the first death i recalled when reading this post was using eva (my druid) while partying with rok’s barb and a cleric called clancy? clancy attacked my “insect swarm” thinking it was something leralas had summoned and he did an extremely hard to my head on the next round and i died instantly.. >_<

do i need to talk about rhasta’s walk in the moat? raspberry

Signature 

“Moonlight shines on the innocent and guilty alike.”

Posted: 09 April 2008 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02
Paradox - 09 April 2008 11:38 AM

I remember many moons ago Darkmaster subdued the dragon from q4 and brought it in to Numbs. He ordered it to attack a guy(happened to be my rl roommate at the time) and it destroyed all limbs and of course killed him in one hit. That was pretty cool to see.

Laff, that’s classic.  I’ve seen dragons in Numb’s before (water, faerie) but I’ve never seen the 4 headed beast in there.  That must’ve rocked.

My most embarrassing death would have to be the lookout man in corsair.  My body was really messed up and I was heading there for pork, and BOOM - friggin lookout man took my ass out.  Instant MD Hall of Shame candidate.

The funny thing is, I don’t think I’m the only one that has died that way. smile

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 10 April 2008 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-11-05

I was playing as my first MD incarnation, Sammael.  At level 9 or so, I was talking to the original Darkchild (also Cherry/Void) and we were discussing PKing thieves.  Darkchild was talking about an HSC thief, Polonius.  I was completely unaware of who he was at the time, and of his PK prowess.  I claimed, rather stupidly on my part, that Polonius hadn’t killed me yet, more than likely due to fear.  What came as a great surprise, not a minute later, was my death caused by (who would’ve guessed), Polonius’ sword in my throat.  You see, I had no knowledge of the fact that Darkchild was, at that very moment, being mindlinked by Gdog.

Posted: 10 April 2008 04:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

These are some great deaths.  I wish I could remember more of mine.  I remember accidently attackign some one and killign them as a party mate but I can’t seem to recall who that was.

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2008 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-11-05

One other, which wasn’t so funny a the time:  A few months after I aristo’d Malal, I was talking to Belegost.  The conversation became decidedly one-sided, which piqued my curiosity.  Belly was always tinkering and changing things, so I decided to take a peek.  I performed the ‘locate’ prayer on him, and my head promptly exploded in the lounge.

Posted: 10 April 2008 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Heimy was there for my death to the sorceress in the Exedorian Tower.

The conversation went something like this.

Heimy - Are you Ready?
Tarmon- Yeah, let’s mess this bitch up!!!!

we moved up.

She was PMSing that day and didn’t like my comments

3 fireballs in a row later (all in like 3 rounds of combat too) I was quite dead.

Heimy - Wow, that was messed....I got your corpse
Tarmon - no more mages tonight

That was the first death of 3 in a row to mages i na 2 week span.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 10 April 2008 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

I remember that one...you were stacked on eq too mid way through a boot. She just went nuts.  Heck I saw her do it Tarmardan a couple fo weeks ago....his body was beyond healings reach in no time.

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2008 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Sadly I never got into the MD Hall of Shame like Hoax and SPoon.

Spoon had some classic deaths though.  He died to the lookout but the funniest one was

Spoon Killed by a Woman in Bed.  He died to a concubine on the Island I think it was.

My dumbest death was one of those death where if I had been attention it would not have happened.

I was corpse running the munchie caves without a wagon and to pick up extra corpses I was removeing eq and storing then on corpses.

I’ve done this numerous times with out a problem but this time I didn’t noticed that when I processed the corpses my breastplate was not worn.

So I happily went about trying to whack some munchie mages and was fighting 3 of them when I noticed my body was alll of a sudden at Injured.  course I noticed this at the same time as the munchies who decided unless some magic nasties at my body.

so while they danced over my corpse in obvious glee at the cleansing of half-Ogre Gene pool, I swore never to get into combat with another mage.  Stupid mages.

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2008 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Yeah, that death with heimy we were both stacked and tearing up the mud.

Stupid mages smile

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2008 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

I got “lucky” the other week when my helm had broken or detorieated over time.  I kept thinking the conspiracy theory was workign only to look in my inventory to find a broken helm.  There was almost a death by Pussy in the paper for me.

Signature 

Posted: 15 April 2008 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

Spoon dying as an Aristo to the Lookout is definitely one of the funniest.

1 of 3

‹‹ Level and Stats      of course ››