2 of 4
IIHF World Campionships
Posted: 06 May 2008 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

street hockey is diffrent.. alot diffrent, i used to play that all the time… AS A KID IN HIGHSCHOOL! haha.. do they still make rollerblades?  thought that didnt make it out of the 90’s… anyways.. iv played both.. and playing on foot is just lacking and kinda takes away from the skill and effect i think.  but your right, back then, all we needed was a red hockey ball, some roller blades and sticks.. could make goals out of anything.. but i had some pcp pipe and netting we used for small soccer goals that worked perfect… ahh them were the days.. broke this kids collar bone onces.. woopys.. he was on foot too and i was one blades.. ahhh… time to daydream of childhood

Posted: 06 May 2008 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

street hockey is not that much different....guy has puck...you cream him into the chain link fence....you have puck...run like hell and avoidchain link fence:)

Growing up I never played hockey on the ice so when I got older (like 16ish) I decided I should learn how to skate....little did I know, drinking while doing this was not a good thing.  Now I can skate like sloth...kinda slow.... but if I ever catch you .... i’ll be too tired to do anything and suggest beer instead smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 06 May 2008 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

im suprisingly still pretty good on the ice.. i used to skated a couple times a week with a friend who was playing hockey (in sd) but my mom and pops never had the money for me to play… i blame them for me not being toothless and in the NHL..  they have indoor rinks that they play in too.. dual used for indoor soccer (but its still out doors, no roof) and street hockey.. they even have some specaly for hockey with ramp things around the end behind the goals.. its wierd never played on it

Posted: 06 May 2008 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Yeah, we had no money growing up either.  I blame my parents for not being to cream you into boards in the NHL smile Of course the other working against me to make the NHL is my height.  Gone are the days were a 5 foot 8 player sticks in the NHL.

but enough of that, back tothe fact that the US vs Canada game is on today at 1:20 EST I think it is.

Should be a good game, both teams are stacked with good players.  Probably come donw to goaltending.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 06 May 2008 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

hmm have to see if i cant watch/listen to it online

Posted: 06 May 2008 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I know the team 1260 in edmonton will be airing the game.  They have a radio link.

Usually the IIHF site has broadcast available as well, and possibly http://www.tsn.ca for live viewing.

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2008 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

i was just browsing that site.. they are all about canada.. haha.. punks.. didnt have anyone elses roster.. wiki was alright.. but was missing alot of teams rosters from what i saw, had use and canada.. didnt cross check the 2 canada rosters tho.

and then.. i saw Curling.. hahaha that “sport” cracks me up

Posted: 06 May 2008 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

heh...tsn has all the rosters.  I am not sure they are up to date with all the latest changes though.  Go to the hockey Canada link and about 1/2 down the page, just below the canada roster is a link for all rosters.

heh, curling is a funny sport...don;t mind watching it though smile

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2008 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

lazy web page designers.. putting it in paragraph form is just annyoying .. oh well .. i dont even know what/who im looking for sure curious to see

Posted: 06 May 2008 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I usually just check to see who is from the NHL.  And even then it’s usually only Canada, the USA and russia ones.  Although the finns and swedes loaded up this year as well i recall correctly.

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2008 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

ya they did

Posted: 06 May 2008 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

First round has few exciting games....the 2nd round is the good one.  by the time they get to the finals only decent teams are left.  Good hockey all around, expecially the teams loaded up with NHL talent smile

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2008 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

i think the game is on at 330 est.... unless ET means somthing diffrent in canada

Posted: 06 May 2008 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

yeah, 3:30...1:30 My time....which is MST.

damn time zones!  This game should be 7:00 PM EST tonight as it’s two North American teams

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2008 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

silly MST.. i remember that damn timezone

heh its at 330 est.. live with it!

2 of 4