1 of 2
Clan Ideas
Posted: 06 May 2008 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

I dont really have any.. cept for maybe putting a member limit.. becuase right now.. there is Banana.. and the rest of md.. ghost has kinda died off.. and hemi has a one man clan.. CoP mostly switched to Banana.. cept for a few secondarys and such.  Wu-Tang never see more then 2 on at the same time and thats rare.. DK once in a blue moon you will see one in that clan.. but the point being im not dogging any clans, just saying the ratio is a little unbalanced.  right now.. the only use i see for a clan is the bonuses in combat.

well as i typed that i had an idea… raiding other clan halls, when you do you can rob there vault and steal exp/money for your own clan from there reserves. 

another item for defeting a raid is a lesser item machine.. and it would give clans another reason to raid that hall.. becuase the items that are out (or we used to have them all) arnt really needed or worth raiding more then just to annoy the other clan (like we used to do to eto)

also, stronger and/or more guards.. or raid items that help the first set of guards out

just ideas while i sit here avoiding work

and no i didnt use spell check cause im lazy

Posted: 06 May 2008 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

I’m just starting getting into the the clan business adn I see the memeber limit as an important thing.  The only question you would get is that then folks would be in more than one clan thus making clan raids much much more prevelant.  Not beign a bad thing but it could get tricky on watching yoru membership and all.  I don’t like the uber clan thing where so many are in one clan.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 06 May 2008 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

i agree.. but disagree at the same time, cause its nice to have a more private chat line then aristo, or shout, or roar… but agree when all you see is banana on.. but realisticly you need 3 people to do a raid.. soo.. i dont know how to really balance all this out.. cept for.. to make it sorta like *gag* wow where its limited to 4-5 man teams or somthing like that

Posted: 06 May 2008 03:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

Not too bad an idea.  YOu can have a raider designation within the clan that would do that.. I guess.  I was more concerned with the overlapping of clan members and locations being divulged.  I do realize that all locatiosn are or will be public knowledge but I do like the hidden aspect of it as well.

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2008 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Limits on clans can be good or bad.  Good cause you force people to choose wisely instead of blanket mudmailing the entire mud with an invite.  Bad cause then you will have what we have for guilds.  Inclusive membership.

On the other hand, say we put a guild type limit on clans.  Say 10, BaNaNa has (for arguments sake 50 members) They could have 1 main clan hall where all the top top dogs go then have 4 affiliate clans.  These clans will not be as big as the main one but get the perks of being protected by a parent clan.  I could see the names now...BaNaNa Split, BaNaNa Peel, BaNaNa Pie, Monkey (I ran out of bananana names)

anyway, just a thought as I wait for the morning coffee to start working through the system

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 22 May 2008 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

alright fellas.. its brain storming time… abbot really wants to code somthing for clans and he wants it to be something from us the players.. somthing to spend clan exp and sliver on.. atm… we had alot of ideas going around.. like

more rooms/player editable like guilds
diffrent things for rooms “ie healing room ect”
more rooms=more guards
reasons to raid other clans clanhall
new rank system with player limits per ranks.. and new skills/bonuses per rank (high rank better bonuses)
clan items

what are you guys thinkin?

Posted: 22 May 2008 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-11-05

Personally, I think expanding the current Aristo skills tree/system is a nobler effort.

Posted: 23 May 2008 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2007-11-06

Aristos are important and I do foresee much for aristos, however clans right now are just a skeleton. They need meat. Lots of xp/cash, nothing to use it on.

There’s been some talk of making them similar to SECTS of old. Custom clan skills/abilities to make them unique.  By opening up neat skills like this to new players who join clans as well as aristos, but basing them somewhat on stats, I see this as something to help motivate new players to want to come here.

If new skills were added to clans, there have been a number of ideas talked about:
1) Once a boot skills affecting all clan members currently logged on.
- the clan leader would get the biggest boost from these skills, to help discourage the ‘super big clan’.
- hopefully something cooler than just clan blesses, like cool unique attacks/magics, where if you were all fighting some super npc, he’d go down quick. of course then you couldn’t recast it until the next boot.
2) Skills usable as often as you wanted, but much less powerful.
3) Skills that instead of costly monthly rent, would cost clan xp per use, limited times per boot.

There have alternately also been suggested larger clan halls - somewhat like castles where you could add traps/guards to multiple rooms, healing rooms, etc all customizable. Give you more of a home to defend to allow cooler clan items that wouldn’t be stolen easily- in essence make your own little area of md with the goal of keeping other people out.

Since clans are just a foundation right now, we can take this anyhow you see it. Most of you i’ve talked to one on one are interested about many of these features, but for some reason none of you have been posting. Help me out wink

Ab

Posted: 28 May 2008 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-11-24

I like the idea of being able to build the clanhall as something as more usable.  Right now, frankly, I almost never go to my clan hall.

Clan objects are too easy to steal and for all the hard work, other than clan chat and the clan hall itself, there is not much permanent to work for. 

Raids are fun and all, but unless you have a lot of people logging on, or a super player or two, there is not a lot of reasonable ability to do a raid.  Doing these raids can give you some cool clan objects. 

But to be able to build something as a group - have a permanent healing room, or a room where you can store objects over a boot - not player objects but maybe other “clan quest” objects that would enable clans to have a certain special feature for a boot or two…

I also am really intrigued about the idea of being able to have the clan take on a specific personality or motif, and be able to develop skills.  While I agree that that is a great idea for the aristo levels - there should be some additional kick back to lower levels - it would be a recruiting type thing.  Especially for new players - why join a clan - there is little benefit at lower levels.  You lose a percentage of your XP, and unless you have other mid-level clan people, you do not really get the party benefit.

My thoughts..
A

Posted: 24 June 2008 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

Thinking more I actualyl came up with something......

Customized rooms or items in teh rooms that could be applicable to classes.  An anvil for fighter repairs.  A plant that could do something fro druids.  A fireplace for barbs.  Mat for monks to meditate or draw some manadals or something.  Snake pit for thieves for poison.  Altar or relics for clerics to meditate/pray to.  Mages could have fey lines to help mana regen.  Necros could hae a coffin.

These could all be buyable and rent charged.  Would let you customize it based on your guild membership.

Just an idea.

Another idea would be passwords for entrance into the guild.  If you get it wrong three times out comes the guards or booby traps.

Signature 

Posted: 06 August 2008 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

sooo did abbot ever add anything to clans? or is it back to a dead issue.. like fighters smile

Posted: 06 August 2008 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Usually when hiemy likes an idea, we don;t do it.  Sadly for Clerics, the code was already started before we heard Heimy liked the idea.  My goal is to make sure whatever Heimy agrees with, should not be in the game smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 14 August 2008 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

Damn you...those were some “good” ideas too. 

BAMF is about to rule the mud.  We almost have enough to buy a clan extra.  the money actually came from regular contributions and not one of our kind members dumping cash in.

Signature 

Posted: 14 August 2008 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

what would be a clan extra?

Posted: 14 August 2008 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

Guld chat, guild boards. guards. teleport i think....

Signature 

Posted: 14 August 2008 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

guild = clan
right? smile
got it.. what extra are you gonna get?

1 of 2